So what's a bit more saggy than the Radial Hot Brittish but still tight

sfx70

• Members

Really like the Hot Brittish but I find it too stiff / and tight. I need a bit more sag out of it. Is there a mod (tube) I can get done? Is there a pedal that would be what I'm after? More organic, tight, a bit saggy (almost plexi like).

I was looking at the Plextone, but not sure how heavy that gets. I would need a bit more distortion than a JCM800 say...

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I found the Hot Brittish way to tight for my taste. It;s great you're after that sound. I think it's sound really good for rock, hard rock and metal. The leads on the Classic are fuller to my ears and the overall sound is more organic and warmer on the Classic, especially for mid gain type stuff. I'm into funk, blues, alt. rock.

• Members

is it as compressed as the HB?...I found the HB to be VERY compressed and "tight" as you may have thought....is the CLassic more "open" and amp-like?

to me it sounds more open for sure. I really depends how much dist level you add.

• Members

Yeah the Classic is a nice pedal. I use one of those with my Bassman when I'm using that amp. I especially like to play that setup in stereo with my Traynor YCV50 cranked up a bit. Gives a nice texture.

I wouldn't really call it especially saggy, though.

Archived