DD20 Vs DL8

warioblast

• Members

I'm not a big delay user and I do enjoy the tone of the DD20. But yes some features don't get any use from me; looper, twist, warp, pan...

A smaller delay would mean an empty spot on my pedalboard. :)

tape,

what do you mean by "you can't really push the effect" ?

• Members

tape,

what do you mean by "you can't really push the effect" ?

well it's not really everyone's taste in delays, but for either of them you can't really push the delay trails over the top like you can for most analog/tape delays. can't get self-oscillation "ufo noises" out of them ,but that might not be your thing.

• Members

for a studio quality delay in a pedal the nova is the best thing out there.

Have you compared it directly to the DL-8? I would be curious to hear that comparison.

I love my DL8, sounds great, on any setting. Small, affordable, tap tempo, looper, tough package to beat.

• Members

Have you compared it directly to the DL-8? I would be curious to hear that comparison.

I love my DL8, sounds great, on any setting. Small, affordable, tap tempo, looper, tough package to beat.

the problem i have with delays like that with loopers and other gizmos built in is that the signal has to go such a long journey and gets affected by so much that it can colour the sound - which is what i meant by packing a lot into a delay.

• Members

the problem i have with delays like that with loopers and other gizmos built in is that the signal has to go such a long journey and gets affected by so much that it
can
colour the sound - which is what i meant by packing a lot into a delay.

The looper on the DL-8 is an entirely different section of the pedal, when you select it the pedal even turns off.

I really dig my DL-8 too. I dont make spaceship noises either, but it will oscillate on the analog mode, and reverse w/feedback cranked will loop forever. Really neat sounds.

I love the fact that it can do trails, and I love that I can switch up the tonality of the repeats depending what I want that day (ie. dark repeats with analog, crisp repeats with darker regeneration with tape, semi-dark with pitch modulation, etc.)

Really versatile, killer sounds. Definitely a DD-7/Nova killer IMO.

• Members

The looper on the DL-8 is an entirely different section of the pedal, when you select it the pedal even turns off.

I really dig my DL-8 too. I dont make spaceship noises either, but it will oscillate on the analog mode, and reverse w/feedback cranked will loop forever. Really neat sounds.

I love the fact that it can do trails, and I love that I can switch up the tonality of the repeats depending what I want that day (ie. dark repeats with analog, crisp repeats with darker regeneration with tape, semi-dark with pitch modulation, etc.)

Really versatile, killer sounds. Definitely a DD-7/Nova killer IMO.

Well said.

Archived