New Orange Dual Terror.

b_nehpets

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just bought an Orange TT Combo. It should arrive here within a week. I don't know a lot about effects stuff, but if I'm understanding correctly from the previous posts, I won't be able to plug my guitar into a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo and then from the Echo to the TT Combo?? I do this on my other amps with no problems. Why can't one use effects with this here? Line voltage/pre amping problem?

Any info is helpful, Thanks in advance,

Theremint

• Members

I just bought an Orange TT Combo. It should arrive here within a week. I don't know a lot about effects stuff, but if I'm understanding correctly from the previous posts, I won't be able to plug my guitar into a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo and then from the Echo to the TT Combo?? I do this on my other amps with no problems. Why can't one use effects with this here? Line voltage/pre amping problem?

Any info is helpful, Thanks in advance,

Theremint

You can use it, but it will need to go into the front end of the amp as it has no effect loop.

You may find this undesirable if playing with distortion on the amp. If you are not, you may not have any issues.

Or you may not be bothered anyway.

• Members
Thanks NetStar, I was starting to get "buyers remorse." Now I feel OK. I rarely use distortion with the Echo. So this is good news.

See you at the Grammys,

Theremint

:thu:

No problem! I was feeling the same way. I use a lot of delay, but it's all on my clean sounds.

Enjoy your Orange.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Is "Hard Wired" basically "handwired by chinese people"?

You obviously haven't tried using an analog delay or reverb with the tiny terror's distortion, it sounds horrible. If they put in two channels, why not add a simple feature like an effects loop that 2 of their other "modern" amps have?

Not everyone needs one, but for that kind of money the option should be there. The egnater rebel sounds better to my ears anyways....

Hard wired are wired in England.

There's a site that mods FX loops into the TT, although I used my delays straight into the front and it sounded great.

Get a Rockerverb or thunderverb series if you want the FX loop.

I think you're missing the point of the tiny terror, which is to have a simple circuit, no bells and whistles class A tube amp....ALL TONE. And they nailed it.

• Members

819 for a two channel footswitchable amp, ultra portable, selectable power...can't be beat in my eyes, but then again I've spent a LOT of cash over the years to find the perfect tone for me, and to find that it was in the TT for a fraction of what I've been spending is a huge relief.

• Members

Sounds like Orange realizes that made in england means something now?

Gotta admit it is one of the more interesting amps to come out of the UK in a while though. Frankly I was getting tired of Marshall clones or Marshall's on steroids.

• Members

It's crazy, Orange lose customers every day because of amps without loops. I know not everyone wants one but there's still a good percentage of people who do. I wanted a Rocker 30 big time until I realised no loop, then it was never going to be considered and it's a shame considering it wouldn't exactly be rocket science to get one in there.

I was wary of getting my Rocker 30 at first because of the lack of effects loop, but I decided to give it a try. I've now found that I enjoy all my effects into the front, even on higher-gain stages. Makes it a lot less polished sounding, IMO

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

See, I dont know why the Bass Terror has an Effects Loop, while the Tiny or Dual Terror doesnt. Just doenst make sense.

And an Orange rep said dont get your hopes up for July... as it should be mid-August until they ship.

Effects loop on the side of the Bass Terror:

223810.jpg

Archived