I'm sorry, but I wouldn't spend $2000 on a new pedal...

Belt

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You brain-dead morons with your "Fail" and "Pwned" slacker garbage. Get a job fool. You're just jealous.

:rolleyes:

For the record though, if I had a $500K trust fund windfall I'd probably blow a few thousand on effects too.

Just watch out. $500K isn't really all that much ...

• Members
:rolleyes:

For the record though, if I had a $500K trust fund windfall I'd probably blow a few thousand on effects too.

Just watch out. $500K isn't really all that much ...

Yeah whatever, I'm not blowing that much of it. But seriously though, aren't you people all sick of this "Fail" B.S. I mean come on, think up something new and original and refreshing...quit following the herd.

• Members
Yeah whatever, I'm not blowing that much of it. But seriously though, aren't you people all sick of this "Fail" B.S. I mean come on, think up something new and original and refreshing...quit following the herd.

SO bless us with some new refreshing lingo.

:snax:

• Members

Who's the moron?

I'm gonna say the guy blowing 2g on a pedal to go play at the local gay bar with his {censored}ty band, and impress no one but himself.

Hopefully bragging to a bunch of strangers on a website who dont like you at all, makes it worth it!

• Members

i've got an SS-3 and love it. i only paid half of what they seem to be going for--and even that was pretty spendy.

i think both camps are right on this. i've only heard the SS-3 and P-2 in person (owned them both). they both are the best sounding pedals i've heard in their respective genres (lo/mid-gain overdrive and big muff). the klon was pretty much a tie with the SS-3, but the cornish was a little softer on the top end and was a little less midrangey. i played a keeley bd-2 and it was pretty darn close to nailing the sound of the SS-3 at the settings i use--but it was no where near as flexible tonally--the ss-3 is capable of going MUCH darker. if i ever got into a crunch, i could get by with a bd-2, but i wouldn't be happy about it, i'd want an ss-3 again (if i could ever find one for a reasonable price again).

i sold my p-2, i don't use muff sounds enough to justify a pedal that expensive. i was sad to see it go, but i don't really miss it now that it's gone.

are these pedals worth THAT much more--i really can't say. i don't think there's anything about the components that justify it. that said--there's nothing about a vintage fuzzface that makes it worth that either.

essentially, i think these pedals don't deserve extra respect just because they're expensive. but conversely, i don't think people (especially ones who've never played them) should bash them for exactly those same reasons. they should be judged on how they sound--if you like it and are willing to pay it--great. if not--then they'll obviously be overpriced and overhyped.

• Members

Who's the moron?

I'm gonna say the guy blowing 2g on a pedal to go play at the local gay bar with his {censored}ty band, and impress no one but himself.

Hopefully bragging to a bunch of strangers on a website who dont like you at all, makes it worth it!

Actually if and when I buy the pedal, I will plug it in to the board in my practice room at home and enjoy it quietly by myself. As for so-called strangers on a website...well...why does anyone even bother coming here and posting, including yourself?

• Members

Actually if and when I buy the pedal, I will plug it in to the board in my practice room at home and enjoy it quietly by myself. As for so-called strangers on a website...well...why does anyone even bother coming here and posting, including yourself?

Not to post about my overpriced gear, or the fact that I fell into a bunch of money.

Why would anyone post that kind of {censored} to a bunch of strangers, other than to brag?

• Members

Not to post about my overpriced gear, or the fact that I fell into a bunch of money.

Why would anyone post that kind of {censored} to a bunch of strangers, other than to brag?

Well, I guess probably....because I can. Remember, it's a bunch of random faceless strangers here, so why would I care anyway?

Archived