General Music Equinox 61

zoink

• Members

Does anyone have an opinion of the General Music Equinox 61? I got to play on a used one the other day and it sounded pretty good, and was thinking about getting it. It had a nice sound, and seemed like a pretty powerful synth overall.

Some specs I found online:

64 note polyphony,

128 Digital Filters with Resonance, up to 6 Oscillators per

voice, 3 LFOs (with MIDI sync) and up to 42 independent

Envelopes, each with a maximum resolution of 10

segments.

85 different digital stereo effects; from sparklingly clean reverbs and digital delays, to classic effects

like Chorus, Overdrive, Phaser, Flanger, Wah-Wah and even 4 Voice Pitch Shifter and Ring Modulator, the EQUINOX

DSP puts the finest studio quality effects at your fingertips. In addition to the selection of

special effects, there are a number of special stereo treatments like 3D Enhancer, Stereo

Compressor, Audio Exciter, Loudness Maximizer and both Graphic and Parametric EQs.

• Members

I had a GeneralMusic S2 Turbo (blew away the Korg O1Wfd at the time) and was really looking forward to the Equinox when it was first released. The screen was smaller, the interface was inferior, the sounds weren't bad, and it could load samples. Unfortunately, the Triton bested it in many ways so that's what I ended up going with.

Built like a tank tho'.

Guest Anonymous

I have one and like it a lot. I had stored away but, just brought it out a couple of days ago to start using it again. It has a great selection of sounds which remind me of a Big 3 blend with a dash of Kurz thrown in. How much is it going for? I bought mine for $200 used.

:thu:

• Members

How much is it going for? I bought mine for $200 used.

:thu:

They had it priced at $299, but I think I can talk them down. I was actually thinking of offering $200, if I decide to get it.

I'm also wondering if it might be redundant to own one, since I have other romplers and sampling workstations.

• 12 years later...
  • Members
On 12/12/2007 at 9:38 PM, zoink said:

Does anyone have an opinion of the General Music Equinox 61? I got to play on a used one the other day and it sounded pretty good, and was thinking about getting it. It had a nice sound, and seemed like a pretty powerful synth overall.

Some specs I found online:

64 note polyphony,

128 Digital Filters with Resonance, up to 6 Oscillators per

voice, 3 LFOs (with MIDI sync) and up to 42 independent

Envelopes, each with a maximum resolution of 10

segments.

85 different digital stereo effects; from sparklingly clean reverbs and digital delays, to classic effects

like Chorus, Overdrive, Phaser, Flanger, Wah-Wah and even 4 Voice Pitch Shifter and Ring Modulator, the EQUINOX

DSP puts the finest studio quality effects at your fingertips. In addition to the selection of

special effects, there are a number of special stereo treatments like 3D Enhancer, Stereo

Compressor, Audio Exciter, Loudness Maximizer and both Graphic and Parametric EQs.

I have 1 I will part with 

Archived