sorry to nerd out - anyone know if they are releasing final fantasy 5, 6, or 7 for DS

hangwire

• Members

Dragon quest is dragon warrior, right?

Recommend me one of those for DS that is more similar to final fantasy 1, 3, or 4

Yes, Dragon Quest = Dragon Warrior.

Get DQ4 or DQ5, shouldn't matter much. Both are not terribly similar to the Final Fantasy style, but they are similar to each other. They're originally NES games and the remakes look very nice and have been improved in a lot of ways. They're not good RPGs if you really don't like level/money grinding or don't have a lot of patience.

• Members

I doubt it...

I still am in firm belief that Final Fantasy X was the best game ever. Great story, characters...and AMAZING music.

Fer realz...

And for the record...FFXII SUCKED. What the hell were they smoking when they came up with that combat system?
:cop:

1 word........blitzball.

what a crock of {censored}!

• Members

if you find the pc version, send me a pm. i've been wanting to get a copy but the prices have gone up a lot and i don't wanna spend 40 bucks on a game i already have.

Just download a PS emulator man. I forget the name of the one I have (PSX or something like that), it's on my backup hard drive and I don't feel like plugging it in to look.

Anyway, get that and you can put your playstation games in your computer and play them. It rocks so hard. It's free. I just finished up ff tactics (one of my fav ff games) on my computer from the PS game.

If you are really hardcore, get the USB adapter for the PS controllers and plug that into your computer and play it. I have one for an XBox controller. Makes made-for-console computer gaming so much more fun.

• Members

Just download a PS emulator man. I forget the name of the one I have (PSX or something like that), it's on my backup hard drive and I don't feel like plugging it in to look.

Anyway, get that and you can put your playstation games in your computer and play them. It rocks so hard. It's free. I just finished up ff tactics (one of my fav ff games) on my computer from the PS game.

If you are really hardcore, get the USB adapter for the PS controllers and plug that into your computer and play it. I have one for an XBox controller. Makes made-for-console computer gaming so much more fun.

Agreed. It's the only way I play PS1 games. Since I never owned a PlayStation :facepalm:

Especially for FF7, the computer one only supported 3D acceleration on that company that got eaten by NVidia like, 10 years ago, can't remember the name, VoodooFX or something? Anyway, so you can't get really good graphics and performance out of it running just in software mode even with a modern computer. You'll have a better visual experience with an emulator at this point in history, since you can make it look Better than the original PlayStation version.

• Members

wait.

FF7 + N64?

If they made FF7 for the N64 I'm going to jump off a cliff.

No, they didn't. I just dug up a box with all my old stuff in it I had sitting in a closet. Found my N64, PS1 and SNES. I now have Zelda OOT, Majoras Mask, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 7, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario Bros... I'm going to have fun.

• Members

No, they didn't. I just dug up a box with all my old stuff in it I had sitting in a closet. Found my N64, PS1 and SNES. I now have Zelda OOT, Majoras Mask, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 7, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario Bros... I'm going to have fun.

Replace DK64 with Goldeneye, and that's all you need! Great line up ;)

• Members

I thoroughly do not believe you went through the ENTIRE game without using any materia...

I could see just beating sephiroth using no materia because I beat him every time with only using limit breakers.

hater. i did it no sweat. i leveled up a lot and utilized barret's ungarmax quite a bit, but yeah i just got my limits up before every boss and grinded between areas. 56 hours down the drain :-d

• Members

I thoroughly do not believe you went through the ENTIRE game without using any materia...

I could see just beating sephiroth using no materia because I beat him every time with only using limit breakers.

It's been done a lot.

It's actually crazy what some people do on that game.

• Members

because the last one i played was FF6 [usa 3] on Snes and hated it after the 30 mins i tried it... could people give me a desciption of FF6-12?

example:

FF1- you choose your party of 4 , ancient times, elemental fiends

FF2- story based, characters coem and go, leveling is weird and frustrating, ancient time again

FF3- leveling characters and jobs that can change over the game, ancient time-ish?

FF4- story based characters coming and going, but leveling like FF1, old setting then future-ish

FF5- never played

FF6-

FF7-

FF8-

FF9-

FF10-

FF11-

FF12-

• Members

i couldn't get ahold of the whole magic system in ff8. wtf? items somehow give you spells?

Magic items were pretty useless by themselves. They were meant for character customization in the junction system.

People who liked FF games and hasn't played shadow hearts covenant yet... do it. Very solid.

• Members

could people give me a desciption of FF6-12

Been a while since I played these, but:

FF6- Similar to 4. It's now in a steampunk setting. The characters story and development is now given even more attention than before. Many regard it as the best in the series, as the last one in 2D.

FF7- Keeps going where 6 left off. Gritty futuristic setting. Materia system lets you customize what abilities characters have. First FF game in 3D is one of the reasons some people don't like this one and the ones that follow it, because it no longer allows people to use their imagination as much.

FF8- Never played it.

FF9- Never played it.

FF10- Tropical island setting with some steampunk influences, where the use of machines is forbidden. Characters increase their stats and learn new abilities in the "sphere grid". Items are used on weapons and armor to give them new abilities. New battle system, fully turn based (my favourite battle system in FF). First FF game with voice acting causes some people to not like this one and the ones that follow it, because it no longer allows people to use their imagination as much.

FF11- MMO RPG. :facepalm:

FF12- Completely new battle system (real time, you only directly control one character at a time) is one of the reasons why some hate it, and some love it. No more random encounters, you see all enemies when you walk around. License board replaces sphere grid for improving your characters, you acquire "licenses" to use certain abilities or equipment. Goes back to a setting that reminds of earth a few hundred years ago.

... and:

FF13 - Will be in three parts, one for PS3 and Xbox 360, one PS3 exclusive and one PSP exclusive. The first one is set to release in late 2009 in Japan on PS3, and in 2010 in the rest of the world on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

• Members

Been a while since I played these, but:

FF6- Similar to 4. It's now in a steampunk setting. The characters story and development is now given even more attention than before. Many regard it as the best in the series, as the last one in 2D.

FF7- Keeps going where 6 left off. Gritty futuristic setting. Materia system lets you customize what abilities characters have. First FF game in 3D is one of the reasons some people don't like this one and the ones that follow it, because it no longer allows people to use their imagination as much.

FF8- Never played it.

FF9- Never played it.

FF10- Tropical island setting with some steampunk influences, where the use of machines is forbidden. Characters increase their stats and learn new abilities in the "sphere grid". Items are used on weapons and armor to give them new abilities. New battle system, fully turn based (my favourite battle system in FF). First FF game with voice acting causes some people to not like this one and the ones that follow it, because it no longer allows people to use their imagination as much.

FF11- MMO RPG.
:facepalm:

FF12- Completely new battle system (real time, you only directly control one character at a time) is one of the reasons why some hate it, and some love it. No more random encounters, you see all enemies when you walk around. License board replaces sphere grid for improving your characters, you acquire "licenses" to use certain abilities or equipment. Goes back to a setting that reminds of earth a few hundred years ago.

... and:

FF13 - Will be in three parts, one for PS3 and Xbox 360, one PS3 exclusive and one PSP exclusive. The first one is set to release in late 2009 in Japan on PS3, and in 2010 in the rest of the world on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Ok. I'll contine.

FF 8 - Even more "realistic" setting, characters looks human, most backgrounds and settings looks pretty much like today (with some extra hi-tech). Sometimes wierd but mostly awesome story, one of the best fictional romances ever, really amazing writing. The magic/character upgrade system is the worst in the series; you draw magic from you enemies, every time you cast a spell you loose one magic point. Problem is that you can attach magic to you characters stats in order to improve them, so every time you cast magic your characters get weaker, wich really makes the magic useless. There's no limit break-meter either, the characters use it randomly when their health is under 33%. Oh, and the summon-animations take forever.

FF 9 - Never played it that much, but it has a more cute fantasy setting, it's mostly castles, swords and magic. Most player characters are animated in a sort of chibi style. More similiar to the old 2d-final fantasys in setting and tone. You learn magic and skills from items.

Archived