Any love for Middle Class Rut?

• Members

I've been digging these guys for a few months now, and I'm finally going to check them out while they are touring with ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead in April. :thu:

They remind me of Jane's Addiction vocal-wise which is no bad thing because Perry Farrell is up there in my Top 5 Vocalists. There's some nice effects use throughout the two EP's and I think they should be bigger than they are at the moment.

Check 'em out: Myspace

[YOUTUBE]prwWpwDGyeM[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone else feeling what they are doing?

• Members

Checked out the vid... pretty cool but I really don't hear that much of Perry Farrell in there. I hear a better version of Deryk from Sum 41. I'd be interested to see what these guys sound like live.

Don't know about Sum 41 but I think they're pretty cool and worth hearing more from.

I kind of like the stripped-back duo thing, interspersed with some effects and vocal harmonies.

• Members
i've heard the new one's as good as source tags.

wooooooah, I'll have to check that out.... that's one of my favorite albums of recent times, I really love Madonna too.

I've seen them twice and I was really dissapointed the last time (a couple of years ago, so divided tour I guess it was) it didn't help that it was at the koko in london, I hate that venue. :cry:

• Members
To be honest I've never heard Trails of Dead, I'm paying to go and see 20 mins of these guys.

Oh, and Si, your pedal should be in the post tomorrow.

cheers, I'll let you know when it gets here. :thu:

you should check out 'Madonna' 'Source Tags and Codes' and the S/T album before you go, if you want copies let me know.

• Members

To be honest I've never heard Trails of Dead, I'm paying to go and see 20 mins of these guys.

their first album that got any attention was called Madonna and is an absolutely incendiary album, it was so different to the standard retro-rock that was around at the time ('99?), next was Source Tags and Codes which sounds like the beatles playing the stooges, absolutely phenomenal.

Archived