Making your gear more portable and practice/gig friendly?

hangwire

• Members

any tips?

Since joining this new noise/ambient band, I have been looking at ways to streamline the "load" of stuff... I have abandoned hardshell cases for gigbags with shoulder straps... still use my homemade pedalboard with suitcase carrier... but looking at ways to even skim down there and get a padded "profolio" type with should strap for easier transport...

what have you guys done... ?

• Members

Are all you bands not driving to your gigs?

The places I play currently are best to get everything in 1 trip from the car... and for practicing at one of our places it would be quite the dork-out to have a pro dolly/flightcase system...

just to clarify now:

PRACTICE-

small combo amp, suitcase pedalboard [both these in one hand each]

2 guitars in 2 gig bags, all cords in the pockets... might need to start bringing a 3rd soon

a messenger bag with a small synth and extra pedals

GIG

huge 1x15" combo instead of the small combo + everything else above

• Members

21o52dg.jpg

2ijsu94.jpg

309rj3o.jpg

here is my stuff to travel

minus the large amp and using this little one for practices

kcghfm.jpg

SO ...

any direction on using something padded but with a strap for the pedalboard instead of the lumbering suitcase

any opinions on how those multiple guitar gig bags do with transport? I think they go up to 3 guitar/1 bag, which might be what I go and find soon...

• Members

Im just paranoid, but the first time I show up to a show with only the bare essentials is the time where something would break... This is my absolute minimmum...

Bassman Head in flight case
Homemade pedalboard
Strat in tweed case
Martin in hard case
and a bag of every possible knicknack that you could possibly need including 3 or 4 capos, 2 complete harmonica sets w/ a harmonica rack, 10 20' monster cables, 4 extension cords, 2 power strips, 2 sets of new tubes, and a couple of patch cables and onespots

slightly overkill, but im scared something will mess up...

Archived