Is this the new Squier for '09?

cobalt-60

• Members

jagmaster has a strat-style bridge/trem

That's what he's saying. A jagmaster has the strat style trem so in order for this one to be a modded jagmaster the trem cavity would have to be completely filled then a hardtail use in place of the original trem. way too much work for a squier. for how long it would take and how much money it would cost to have someone else do it you'd be better off buying a custom body.

• Members

jagmaster has a strat-style bridge/trem

Yes, and on the back of Strats, there is a big fuggin hole covered by PG material where the springs go. So this guy refinished his cheapo Jagmaster, picked out a custom shaped, no ply pickgaurd with a weird-ass control configuration (I guess he could have ordered a blank and drilled it), and then what, either leaves the cover on with no trem, or fills the whole damn thing in with wood glue?

It's possible, but I just don't buy it. I'm tellin you guys, I'm all in on this being a Squier prototype.

• Members

That's what he's saying. A jagmaster has the strat style trem so in order for this one to be a modded jagmaster the trem cavity would have to be completely filled then a hardtail use in place of the original trem. way too much work for a squier. for how long it would take and how much money it would cost to have someone else do it you'd be better off buying a custom body.

i'm sure i've seen fixed replacement bridges for strats. i've always hust blocked the trem on mine though.

• Members

the first pic is a right handed guitar and the second and third are lefty...weird!!!!

In all likelihood, the design company just swapped the photo thinking it looked better without realizing the implications. On the other hand, if there are left and right handed models, I'm even more right. Who would do that much insanity - twice?

• Members
You're the one who said it wasn't their style and they don't use hardtails. I responded by saying they screw with controls and layouts frequently and use hard tails, even on Strats.
:idk:

I plan on it, although I imagine I'll get the "we can't tell you anything out of respect to our clients" response.

It's a Squier?
:idk:

Also, I'm proposing it's a prototype, and they probably slapped an Affinity neck on there for the photo. Early stage prototypes are a bit rough. Also, again, back to this supposed "custom" maker, who would go through such trouble to make a custom guitar and then leave a giant gap at the neck?

I'm talking about the specific model of bridge, not the general type. The saddles are incorrect for a squire from the affinity series.

• Members

I'm talking about the specific model of bridge, not the general type. The saddles are incorrect for a squire from the affinity series.

Ahh, my bad, yes, you are correct, those are not the saddles they use. The plot thickens!

• Members

And again, who ordered a one of a kind custom Jaguar body and put a cheap Squier neck on it? I've never seen this precise body type used ever. And what strange premonition that this would match the June-08 Vintage Modified style in January.

graphics companies often have to create 'props' with specific looks for photo shoots however they might not need to worry about using a squire neck because the average person isn't going to go wtf a squire when they see it as part of some promo shot

• Members

Has nobody considered that the person who assembled the parts also made the body? It's not like you need any equipment you can't fit in a garage or a basement... This would have cut down on the cost vs buying from Warmoth or Allparts, and also explain why the shape is wrong, and why, unless my eyes are playing tricks, the neck is mounted at an angle- compare the top edge of the neck to the line of the string between the nut and the bridge.

If it's a homebrew that was made on the cheap, it would explain the use of a Squier neck- constructing and fretting your own is considerably more complex than cutting your own body. Even Squier's QC would have a hard time passing a guitar with a neck so badly mounted it was noticeable to the naked eye.

Corporate portfolio? A nice website can conceal a multitude of sins, and generate a great deal of misconceptions. Who says this "company" isn't a sole trader who works from home? Maybe he's just starting out, so he's fleshing out his "portfolio" with pictures he thinks are interesting, and that demonstrate his skillz, including a couple of the DIY guitar project his buddy with a band-saw did a while ago...

Where's the company based? Anywhere near Fender or Squier's bases of operations? If not, do you really think they'd ship a prototype guitar to some random guy to take unspectacular photographs of? Don't you think Fender employ one or two photographers of their own, who can actually take really good studio shots of their new instruments?

Parts or project I can believe, but prototype? Nah.

Archived