Fuzz Pedal that does not sound like dog $hit when mixed with a TS/Overdrive?

DanielMac

• Members

I'm looking for a fuzz pedal that will not sound like a steaming pile of crap when mixed with my maxon OD-9. ive heard i should try the Hendrix fuzz face or the fulltone 70's fuzz, unfortunately the 2 music shops within reasonable driving distance of me dont have either. the ultimate tone im going for is mainly an overdriven sound with a little bit of actual fuzz for added sustain and, well for lack of a better term, slight fuzziness on individual note solos rather than the drive you get from a TS when playing triads or fuller chords. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Members

Hmmm....OD > Fuzz can be iffy if it's a Fuzz Face we're talkin about. Buffered pedals, especially, in line before an FF can really mess with the fuzz tone.

I usually put my FF before my TS-9, and with both on it does sound pretty muddy with chords. It's alright for single notes though. Strangely enough, the FF still sounds a lot better going into the TS-9 than it does into the Dano Trans OD. Trans OD = not so transparent with other dirt before it. YMMV

Archived