Who does the best EHX demos?

jhamnett

• Members

I voted for Peter, because the dude is an amazing player, has great tone, and really seems to know what he's talking about. The only Jack Conte demo I've seen was awesome and unique though, and I bought the Voice Box within 5 minutes of seeing his demo, so hmm... Long story short, I voted for Peter, but Jack was a close second (and if he keeps making videos, he may move up to #1 for me).

• Members

I voted for Peter, because the dude is an amazing player, has great tone, and really seems to know what he's talking about. The only Jack Conte demo I've seen was awesome and unique though, and I bought the Voice Box within 5 minutes of seeing his demo, so hmm... Long story short, I voted for Peter, but Jack was a close second (and if he keeps making videos, he may move up to #1 for me).

He has three demos right now, a second one for the voice box, one for the holiest grail, and one for the DEM. I'm banking more on his future of awesome demos. The holiest grail was his first I think, so it's not as high quality as the other three.

Peter is a great player and he does good demos, for sure, but I love the way Jack integrates changing setting in real time, gives you a great way to compare settings on the fly. Peter is definitely a close second.

• Members

He has three demos right now, a second one for the voice box, one for the holiest grail, and one for the DEM. I'm banking more on his future of awesome demos. The holiest grail was his first I think, so it's not as high quality as the other three.

Peter is a great player and he does good demos, for sure, but I love the way Jack integrates changing setting in real time, gives you a great way to compare settings on the fly. Peter is definitely a close second.

Oh, sweet. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely need to check out the dude's other demos. The first Voice Box demo completely sold me on the pedal. Also, if you have a chance, check out his band Pomplamoose. There is some interesting stuff in there from what I've heard.

• Members

You left out Dave Weiner (he plays for Steve Vai, and does fairly straight demos) and Michael Leonhart (he made several short films) -- (there are a few others, but they're not as often watched) -- and don't be so tough on Dan! (fwiw, he plays with They Might Be Giants.)

Here are some links to their demos in our YouTube channel:
Dan Miller
Peter Stroud
Dave Weiner
Michael Leonhart
Jack Conte

(btw, I expect to post a neat demo by someone new sometime next week.)

For that matter, who here has what it takes to make that list? Poll that! :poke:

• Members

I actually usually find the ProGuitarShop demos much more informative and comprehensive as to how the more complicated pedals (like Flanger Hoax and Stereo Polyphase) work.

So can I have another option for the poll?

• Members

You left out Dave Weiner (he plays for Steve Vai, and does fairly straight demos) and Michael Leonhart (he made several short films) -- (there are a few others, but they're not as often watched) -- and don't be so tough on Dan! (fwiw, he plays with They Might Be Giants.)

Here are some links to their demos in our YouTube channel:

(btw, I expect to post a neat demo by someone new sometime next week.)

For that matter, who here has what it takes to make that list? Poll that! :poke:

Sorry for the exclusions... but I did put other!! Yeah, I've seen Weiner and Leonhart's demos. Leonhart's are definitely on the more creative side, haha. I figured I'd pick the three most recent/popular guys for the poll. Plus, the effects forum loves Peter as it is, so the results don't shock me at all.

Also, I think the lack of love for Dan is because of his guitar face. Good player. Terrible guitar face.

Oh, no PGS option since they don't do official EHX demos!!

• Members

I like Jack's vids because they place the effects in context of a song.:thu:

Dan makes weird faces when he plays that make me cringe; BUT I think he's a talented dude and very versatile. I'm almost positive that he does the music for The Happy Monster Band children's show (I have a three year old...). :cool:

Peter's demos are very good and he seems to be genuine about how much he admires certain effects in the line, as opposed to being an EHX schill.:)

Archived