The Official JetPack XP 1000 Lounge

• Members

does this mod job take out or fix that dreadful trim control?

I owned a Xp100 and space station at the same time in the late 90s... worse bypass tone I ever had...

No, the trim control is still there.

I agree that the bypass is the weakest thing about it. A looper, or custom stereo looper would take of that problem. But I'm not one to get hung up on bypass issues because I don't play live much anymore - and even if I did, tone suckage would be the least of my concerns. I'm more of a singer/songwriter than a guitarist, and I'm more worried about monitor levels with vocals usually than something like tone-suck. For the kind of music I play, tone-suck is kind of irrelevant.

• Members

No, the trim control is still there.

I agree that the bypass is the weakest thing about it. A looper, or custom stereo looper would take of that problem. But I'm not one to get hung up on bypass issues because I don't play live much anymore - and even if I did, tone suckage would be the least of my concerns. I'm more of a singer/songwriter than a guitarist, and I'm more worried about monitor levels with vocals usually than something like tone-suck. For the kind of music I play, tone-suck is kind of irrelevant.

yeah, but 2 of those trims in a chain was not tone suck... it was like a comb filter that made the not Xp___ turned on sound like I was playing with .08 gauge strings into a 1x8" cab

• Members

AHHHHH Why are you making me GAS?!?!?!

BTW, I know everybody and their mother is talking about mode 7 on the PS-3, what is it exactly?

Mode 7 is reversed pitch-shifted delay. It's a cool effect, though it's definitely overhyped. The BOSS PS-3 is a fun pedal for many more reasons than just Mode 7.

• Members

Just curious I have things that can most likely emulate these sounds (well some of them atleast)... What exactly are you doing? What modes? It sounds pretty awesome.

IIRC, I'm using presets 28, 27, and 34 on the Space Station (see post 33), and Mode 7 on the BOSS PS-3.

I wish I could explain what those effects are doing technically, but I really have very little idea. Maybe someone more technical will come in and explain.

• Members

you sir, just made me gas for the space station again, after 1 yr being space station sober and clean!!!

I need a fix cause I am going down!

:cool:

:lol:

Sorry if I instigated your falling off the wagon :cry:

Space Station Inebriation has little side effects except for the momentary lightness of your checking account.

Archived