The Official JetPack XP 1000 Lounge

• Members
  • Members

i love mine

the whammy wah doesn't track as well as the whammy i or iv but it still does a decent job.

the space station is worth the money itself

the reverberator has some great reverbs, including an infinite setting iirc

the modulation station probably has some good stuff but i've never bothered with it

• Members

the modulation station probably has some good stuff but i've never bothered with it

Yeah, I'm a bit of an analog snob when it comes to modulation. But seriously, the rotary speaker presets are really good, they're in stereo, and the treadle really emulates the lag time of the motor. It's one of the best rotary emulator stompboxes out there for the money.

• Members

always on
:thu:
modes 3, 7, 37, 48 are my most used

i still have to boost the signal on my od-3 when it's on reverse reverb. Stupid volume drop
:(

I've forgotten what those modes are, but now you've got me curious. Are you using it in stereo as well? Maybe the volume drop would be less in stereo.

• Members

the space station is a lot of fun, i picked one up in a pawn shop around 98 or so for $50, and made some noise with it for a few months before i flipped it for a profit.

i'm not surprised these have risen in value, they are pretty unique.....

does the ex7 cop a lot of the vibe of the space station?

• Members

I think it only incorporates Preset 1, the Synth String Swell. I tried the EX7 when it was released, and IIRC the treadle didn't have much sweep to it.

i liked your clip, very nice!

the xp1000 "all in one" seems to be like the one to get....all of that series in one pedal? woah:eek:

• Members

what are the first two modes you are using in the demo?

To be honest, this is the most original pedal I have heard in a long time. Is this all just the pedal, nothing extra has been used?

Nothing extra - Just the Space Station.

First preset is the sample&hold, which is preset 28 (? I think)

Second preset is the Synth String Swell - preset 1.

It is a very "original pedal." I put off buying one for a long time because it always bothered me that there was no way to adjust the parameters of the presets, other than what the treadle was assigned to. That still kind of bothers me; but there's still plenty of fun to be had with the presets as they are.

• Members

ha.. a couple years ago some dude offered me a space station for a DMM, and I thought he was just being a dick trying to offer me some {censored}ty digitech pedal..

In retrospect, if I would have known anything about the space station, I would have done the trade in a heartbeat..

• Members

I've had my Space Station for about 3 years or so now. It's always on and off my board. I can never really find a use for it. I really need to start writing songs around it instead of trying to add it in. Also, not that I'm running my rig in stereo, it sounds like the Space Station may be ready to make it's glorious comeback in my rig. Thanks again for the clips, man. :thu:

• Members

ha.. a couple years ago some dude offered me a space station for a DMM, and I thought he was just being a dick trying to offer me some {censored}ty digitech pedal..

In retrospect, if I would have known anything about the space station, I would have done the trade in a heartbeat..

Bummer. You can almost buy 2 used DMMs for the price of Space Station these days. Not to rub it in or anything.

• Members

the {censored}ty tracking on the xp100 can make some interesting wall of sound stuff.

use the harmonize mode to harmonize a 4th up, i think it is mode 27, then run a big muff (i used a vintage distortion behringer). i tried it out in DAGDAD and playing chords sounds massive.

• Members

Wasn't it a poor seller originally? I mean, other than Meridith Brooks, I can't think of 1 high profile guitarist who used one when they were new.

DSP mojo.

I know Kirk Hammett had one, but I don't know what the hell he used it for. Same thing with Ross Childress from Collective Soul. I know they both had them, and I guess Kirk supposedly used it in "I Disappear" and Ross used it in "Run" but I couldn't tell you where, or even if that's true.

Archived