New Dream Theater track

Raelm

• Members

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/view.aspx?songID=2462

Doesn't do it for me:cry:

I've loved Dream Theater...seen them six times, but just lately, for me, they're not hitting the mark.

IMO...it's looking as though Awake may end up being their best work.

Incidently, when Train Of Thought was released, did anyone on here enter a song in their song writing contest?

• Members

It's ok. I think DT went on a fast decline ever since Jordan Rudess got with them, although SFAM is way up there for me in terms of favorites.

Couldn't agree more...my faves are Awake and Falling into Infinity.

Kevin Moore was great, and any keyboarder called Derek HAS to be good;)

• Members

Was that Labrie singing? If so he sounds incredibly less anoying than most of his work I've heard.

Edit: I just heard the higher regester, and my hopes of listenable vocals were dashed.

2nd Edit: The solo was great. Great tone for the solo, just classic shred and not too much of a percentage of the whole song. I like my shred in small doses. Too much shred makes Dunecat an unhappy kitty!

• Members

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is less Labrie. Less gay video, too.

Yeah...Labrie is weak.

Interestingly, in the new DT book. It says that after one of the albums (can't remember which one) that they were thinking of sacking Labrie and going for a more 'Tom Yorke' type of singer!

Wish they had:cry:

Archived