OT: Any Aphex Twin fans?

• Members

My brother recommended I listen to some of his stuff, it's pretty awesome. Some of his more ambient, relaxing songs are beautiful but then some of his more crazy tracks are just as good.

Anyone have any ideas where I should start listening album wise?

• Members

huge fan here!

i'd personally recommend the Come To Daddy EP or Richard D James

Drukqs has some great tracks, but it's also a bit out there for someone who isn't familiar. The soft piano tracks on that album are some of my favorites and I don't think he really does that on his other albums.

Richard D James and Come To Daddy have some of his best songs.

• Members

Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 is his best record, in my opinion but it isnt exactly representative of his work overall!

true. i've recommended a lot of people that album and they've been turned off by it. it's more like his final boss album rather than first level. personally, i've recently become obsessed with the Analord series. head to youtube to find a bunch of tunes off of their. definitely start with SAW 1 though.

oh yeah, i'm a fan. he's probably my favourite musician.

• Members

I was listening to WYSO driving thru Dayton Ohio last night on my way to make a delivery in Findlay this morning. The show was a 'space music' show, and the host was quite excited about an Aphex Twin retrospective CD set that has just been released. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I found myself listening for as long as I could tune the station in, all the way up I-75.

Strange, but oddly fitting last night. Dark night, no moon, sparse traffic....

Archived