Best solo boost?

dgc480

• Members

Hey I'm looking to get a solo boost for my distortion channel (Carvin MTS tube amp). I'd like something that would give me a little more crunch and sustain, but not a lot. Is the tube screamer a good choice?

• Members

Seymour Duncan pickup booster. Especially with strats or single coils. Boosts your overall tone, and is especially powerfull on clean settings. You can get a strong, fat clean sound from a thin signal. Really cool for clean Jazz solos and even Knopler/ Gilmour type clean leads. Great, fat, distorted sound as well. Had to by an additional boost because I liked the sound so much I wanted it on all the time!

• Members

my recommendations...Fulltone Fulldrive 2 with Mosfet, Bad Monkey, Voodoo Sparkle Drive, FoxRox Zim dual drive pedal (distortion and tubescreamer combo), OCD, BOR, MI Audio Crunchbox...they're all pretty decent pedals. If you just want a boost and more sustain but not much more distortion tubescreamers are the way to go. I prefer TS808s over the TS9s myself.

• Members

I have an FX loop too, do you think a tubescreamer in the FX loop would give me what I need? Bluesy boost on clean channel and solo boost on distoriton channel?

Putting a boost in the effects loop will mostly just give you volume where as putting it in front will push your amp harder. I'd think you would want a ts in front.

• Members

Tube Screamer.

It's only purpose in life is fulfilling the need you are having right now.

This!The ts stands out in the "boosting fields". If you use it with your clean channel alone even with the gain all up it seems sterile to me, but if like your dirt channel on the amp and use it as boost...whoa..it blows anything else for the blues/classic rock stuff!

• Members

Hey I'm looking to get a solo boost for my distortion channel (Carvin MTS tube amp). I'd like something that would give me a little more crunch and sustain, but not a lot. Is the tube screamer a good choice?

IF i do solo's, i like a Big Muff (vol : max'ed/tone : 9 o'clock/Sustain : 3 o'clock) into a maxed out EHX LPB-1.

Works for me !

:)

Archived