How do you use YOUR OCD?

• Members

No really I don't
:(
I use a silverkiss for low gain and my amps for high gain. It's pretty much a waste for me.

Silverkiss kills. I found out the secret: volume all the way up, and gain to taste. Gives the amp a nice bump, and chimes like a mofo!

Sweet pedal. Glad I got one before they were discontinued!

• Members
BiPolarDrive.jpg

The best of BOTH worlds!

Man, why didn't I think of this!!!

Ok, here's the deal - this may be a little verbose:

I have an OCD v3. Love it. I play through a Tremoverb. Great amp. What I mainly use the OCD for is a second dirty channel - I set my TOV for Rawk and the OCD for Rock. I like the OCD for low/med gain and lately I've liked the LP setting. For me, it's one of those pedals w/ so many useable tones, I totally understand why people get two. I wouldn't, but I WOULD build myself one that's a 2 in 1. I also plan on building me a DLS soon so I can't wait to A/B them. I also run mine at 18v which "opens it up" a bit more.

So I'm gonna vote Low Gain b/c lately that's how I've been using it. FWIW, IMHO, it sounds poopy at high gain. Low to Med is pure win, though.

Another FWIW, I got this pedal w/ the intention of flipping it - I figured there was no way it's THAT good, but I had to hear it for myself. I've had it for 2 years now.

• Members

High gain all the way....

Maybe my ears just suck, but I think it's one of the better high gain pedals out there...

I think people generally complain about the OCD's high gain because they're probably running it at 9v. I run mine at 18v, and I didn't care for it too much when I was running it at 9. There is just SOOO much more clarity in the chords; not near as muddy or 'blah' sounding... in fact, it sounds incredible now. Seriously, 18v is the way to go with this pedal... sounds freaking awesome.

I also usually run an MXR 6-band EQ right after it to boost the lows and highs and scoop out the midz.... The perfect rhythm tone.... everything is crystal clear and I just freaking love it.

Archived