I have paid for my Fairfield Electonics Ring Mod

NITEFLY182

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Should be here this week maybe. Fairfield Circuitry is a small company that makes the Barbershop OD and now the Randy's Revenge Ring Modulator. Great build quality and a unique aesthetic. Overall a notch above most boutique offerings.

• Members

Cloners, yeup but they claim to be original uh huh

same old story

Dont know where this is coming from. The products the guy makes are relatively unique and hardly the same circuits other companies are putting out in droves.

• Members

{censored}.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't like this. Even more so when I saw the price tag.

And then that square wave tremolo happened with its glitchy goodness. I really dug that.

I can definitely see myself with one of these in the future.

• Members

How is the Barbershop

Is it really the Canadian Kron, I mean Klon?

I've never heard/owned a Klon, so I can't compare. But to my ears, the Barbershop sounds like what the drive channel on my Blues Deluxe should be; really nice, natural sounding breakup, that isn't harsh or unpleasant, but just good old tubes being pushed hard.

No tone control, just volume, drive and sag - the sag controls the volt level which does some interesting things to the gain. It somewhat compresses the drive, or opens it up, all depends on what you want.

But the overall overdrive sound to me, is very natural, and not colored in any way, yet warm if that makes sense. Just sounds {censored}in good!!

Also stacks well with other pedals, and sounds great as a good boost as well. Great value overall, and a keeper.

• Members

Axe and You Shall Receive is the perpetrator of the 'Klon Killer' nonsense. They aren't based on the same topology and they dont even have the same features. Its a great boost and low gain OD and should stand on its own merits.

• Members

{censored}.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't like this. Even more so when I saw the price tag.

And then that square wave tremolo happened with its glitchy goodness. I really dug that.

I can definitely see myself with one of these in the future.

Yeah the trem sounds are actually really nice. I thought the Moog RM had crappy trem sounds but the Fairfield almost has a three-tube vibrato sound which is awesome.

• Members

I've never heard/owned a Klon, so I can't compare. But to my ears, the Barbershop sounds like what the drive channel on my Blues Deluxe should be; really nice, natural sounding breakup, that isn't harsh or unpleasant, but just good old tubes being pushed hard.

No tone control, just volume, drive and sag - the sag controls the volt level which does some interesting things to the gain. It somewhat compresses the drive, or opens it up, all depends on what you want.

But the overall overdrive sound to me, is very natural, and not colored in any way, yet warm if that makes sense. Just sounds {censored}in good!!

Also stacks well with other pedals, and sounds great as a good boost as well. Great value overall, and a keeper.

Hmm so its like a Singing Tree

• Members

The Singing Tree (at least the original one I had from before mellowtone was... mellowtone) was based on the Electra distortion. It was low gain but also relatively low output and had a distinct soft diode clipping sound. The Barbershop is much punchier and brighter. Its more of a clean boost with the option for higher gain (JTM45-ish levels). The Singing Tree was really more of a low gain soft fuzz.

Archived