Best Fuzz for Hendrix under 100?

• Members

Check out the many flavors of fuzz from MJM. Although I don't know if you'll be able to find one under $100, even used...but worth a look. Check out this demo from PGS on the London Fuzz:

If Hendrix was alive today he'd most likely be playing a ZVEX Fuzz Factory.
:thu:

Possibly, because of all the variation it has...though I haven't actually played one myself unfortunately. But from videos, it seems to do more crazy fuzz sounds as opposed to focusing on straight Hendrix type fuzz.

I think if Hendrix were looking for a germanium fuzz today, I could see him ending up with either the MJM London Fuzz or Analogman Sun Face.

If Hendrix were looking for an octave fuzz today, I could see him going for a Catalinbread Ottava Magus.

• Members

Well, that's kinda why I'm also thinking he'd go with a Fuzz Factory. to the best of my knowledge, the Fuzz Factory is a enormously tweaked out germanium Fuzz Face. Seems like it being right up his alley.

• Members

• Members

these are todays prices,back in the day of Hendrix all was much cheaper.you could buy strats all day for $200

fuzz tonez for under $40

univibe unknown

Marshall 1959 under $1000 more like 600

but pocket book wise roughly the same.

My older brother bought a full stack in ,I want to say 1970 for just over a grand.

The prices I quoted were from memory having bought those pedals in 1969 with the exception of the Univibe and Marshall stack, amp and 2-4x12 cabs price I took out of a 1968 Marshall price List.

Prices.jpg

Archived