OT: Been listening to Outkast all day.

• Members

I've always liked Outkast. I'm not too much of a hip-hopper [loves me some Busdriver though! (If that's not good enough, I loves me some Lil' Wayne too!)] but I've always really liked pretty much every Outkast song I've heard.

• Members

They're awesome. I actually made an appreciation thread about them a few months ago in HCEG. Andre 3000 is just so ahead of his time and has a natural ability to create a great hook. Although, I stopped listening to them once I heard 'Hey Ya'

Here's some classics and some of my favorites:

Mf39A6DVNgI

And Yes they use great guitar riffs, a la Gasoline Dreams:

MkVGCWJoAXA

• Members

I stopped listening to them once I heard 'Hey Ya'

:facepalm:

You stopped listening at The Love Below? :eek: You just missed out on one of the best albums of the 2000's, not to mention the song "Hey Ya" is one of the best pop pop songs ever written; hooks and beats as catchy as they get and with a perfectly fluent odd meter beat to boot. I'd post an epic fail or facepalm pic, but none of them would be enough to get the amount of FAIL across that you deserve.

• Members

:facepalm:

You stopped listening at The Love Below?
:eek:
You just missed out on one of the best albums of the 2000's, not to mention the song "Hey Ya" is one of the best pop pop songs ever written; hooks and beats as catchy as they get and with a perfectly fluent odd meter beat to boot. I'd post an epic fail or facepalm pic, but none of them would be enough to get the amount of FAIL across that you deserve.

Calm down, I still respect their showmanship and hooks, but that song and 'Roses' were a big fail to me. I've tried listening to the songs on The Love Below, but none of them appeal to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived