The First Echo On The Moon

• Members

To a lot of people it would be trash because it doesn't have tap tempo. All that stuff is opinion based though. The pricing info was just factual information as commentary.

Tap tempo?? Again with tap tempo and self oscillation things??? Go for it if it makes you happy... but tone that's what counts, and honestly apart from Echoplex ep3 and Fulltone TTE, I challenge you to find a delay with the same reverb-like qualities of the rocketride.

• Members

Tap tempo?? Again with tap tempo and self oscillation things??? Go for it if it makes you happy... but tone that's what counts, and honestly apart from Echoplex ep3 and Fulltone TTE, I challenge you to find a delay with the same reverb-like qualities of the rocketride.

vintage deluxe memory man

• Members

yeah. can only buy standalone i guess.

gutshots are pretty boring, i can't even really tell what was physically done... here is some info from Bjorn--obviously its an expensive delay in the realm of a TimeFactor or Superdelay but 100% analog... should you get a regular DMM? Sure, they rock. But check out the 2nd vid especially if you want to see why dropping a little extra for this might make sense for you

from Bjorn (who else writes like this :p)

"Now looking at echo, and that's something I have used myself since 1982 when I got my first tape echo, and I'd find a couple of sounds I'd like and I think I put most of the more Rock and Roll types into the MP DBD and that's one I could use for most things I'd need and echo............but then there's this other sound that just lingers in my head a bit spaced out I'd guess.

I used as a sound model for FEOTM ( funny acronym) something I've heard since I was a young boy in instrumental guityar music but also later.

Rythmic indeed but also possibly a sound lanscape like jumping into a lake 4 in the morning from a grass beach with birch trees.......something to swim in.........

Yes, indeed FEOTM can be used for rythmic passages.

I did what I felt would give an echo sound that would not get in the way but float around notes.....a little bit like a reverb but an echo.

I liked the DMMXO, it's a fine pedal and as I heard it I could envison what it would be like if it would float more around notes...
Oh, yes the DMM XO is a fine pedal as is............sort of why I felt it would be possible to make this sound I hear

It's reasonably priced to begin with and in fact an FEOTM would cost about the same as DMMXO in Sweden.

Go figure ;)

Perhaps it's like this that if I had a pile of echo sounds I dived that in two and put the more behaved ones into the MP DBD and the more spacious into FEOTM............

Why I took this on is just that to me there are sounds and functions I'd like to put knobs on.......
For the FEOTM, it's Rocketride..............Oh I could think of more things but there's also a line to be drawn.....

It is a modified DMMXO and yes it has the same amout of headroom and yes repeats fade in a different way and yes it can be used for rythmic parts just like DMMXO while it would sound the same.

Hm, yes sure I have and have owned and serviced and rebuilt from scratch outof broken tape echoes functional units.

Back in the day and yes I remember when the first analog delays came while you know even then I'd rather drag a tape echo and I did until the guys in the band left my unit on the brink of a stage and it rained into it.........someday I'll rebuild that while I have other echoes.

I will leave that to others to compare.

Suffice to say I think the DMMXO made a fine plartform for the specific sound and behaviour I had intended."

:thu:

Archived