NPDs from the whole summer

t-rey

• Members

So I finially got around to snapping some pics of my pedals to make a npd thread. First off I want to say thanks to everyone for being very cool and helping me decide which pedals were for me. And just to show you the progress I have made in the past few months...here was my setup before coming to hcfx.

summer09090.jpg

This plus an Ibanez CF7 chorus/flanger and Boss OC-2

Into this

summer09054.jpg

And here it is now...also have a Davis modded DEM that I didnt get in there.

summer09088.jpg

And a shot of the whole setup

summer09089.jpg

Worlds better than my setup a few months ago. So here are some of my impressions.

Just got the silver LTD yesterday, and so far I really really like it. I like stacking into the dirty channel, and to add a bit of grit to my cleans.

The DLS is great...everyone knows that. It may be on the way out though, because the LTD is better suited for my needs. Plus, the Blackstar is very much like a Marshall...so I don't really need a Marshall in a box.

The Musket is the best fuzz I have ever had any experience with. Ever. I haven't touched the Big Muff since it arrived.

The Arion flanger is definitely it's own beast. The best way I know to describe it is that it sounds like your sound is being pushed through a pvc pipe. It's also hands down the most vocal flanger I have ever heard. And it was only 20 bucks on ebay...so there isn't much excuse to not at least try one if you like flange at all.

Maxon phaser is cool - much darker sounding than the phase 90's that I have tried out. If I ever get rid of this it will be for a Whetstone.

The rest are pretty familiar to everyone...so I am not going to bother with them unless someone asks about them. They are all good at what they do.

So there it is...a summer's worth of npd's. Thanks for all the advice, as you can see I have come a long way. And now I spend more time messing with my pedals making noise than I do actually playing or practicing :facepalm:.

• Members

Thanks youze guys.

Been messing around with the ltd some more this afternoon - I really really like this thing. It gives my dirty channel a nice growl and tightens it up just enough. I am sure it won't be long before I start messing with the trimpots. Look foward to me whoring this thing in every overdrive thread.

• Members
i could quite easily get on with that setup
:thu:

good work on keeping the modulation all analog too.

Yep, after having all digital modulation and not knowing any better I made it a point to keep it analog. Since then I have been kicking myself in the ass for not upgrading earlier. Still does nothing to change the fact that I can't play very well...but now I can make sweet ass noise.

• Members

I effing love the Blackstar. The cleans are nothing to write home about, but the amount of gain is mindblowing. Even with the stock 10" speaker, it can easily cover most 'modern rock' sounds. With the ltd it can definitely bring the brootz if it needs to. Any suggestions for an upgrade for the speaker? I've been thinking of one of the g10 greenbacks.

• Members

Thanks for the offers, but the SMMH is not for trade. It just wasnt hooked up when I took the pics, because I have one power supply and dasiy chain my effects. I need to do something about that...

Archived