• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
main_12877.jpg

:thu:

its
just
right.

I use to think Skreddy stuff was a rip off...then I actually noticed how much is charged on the web site and not just what people charge for used Mayo's and Zero's.

HIGHLY considering this. Do tell though, is it a huge mid-cut like vintage muffs? I love muff's (pun intended) but I love my MIDZZZZZZZ.

• Members

fair enough!

but... for $200 you've gotten yourself just about as close to tonal perfection as you're gonna get in a nice compact road-worthy package. its just so nice and tight and always there for you when you need it to be. and versatile, too!

if you were on a budget, it'd probably be the only fuzz you'd ever have to buy, unless you got the fuzz bug and had to have every different flavor of it under the sun like me :D:freak::D

• Members

I love mine. So versatile. In fact, I'm going to leave off my OCD on my next board, because I use the LM with my Barbershop overdrive and get great tones. I just dial back the fuzz on the LM. Or I turn it all the way up, and get one of the best FF tones out there. I was thinking of selling the LM some time ago, and then realized I had dialed back the brite/treble control the wrong way, and once adjusted, it sounds terrific. Totally agree, that this is one of the best fuzzes on the market.

• Members

I use to think Skreddy stuff was a rip off...then I actually noticed how much is charged on the web site and not just what people charge for used Mayo's and Zero's.

HIGHLY considering this. Do tell though, is it a huge mid-cut like vintage muffs? I love muff's (pun intended) but I love my MIDZZZZZZZ.

well thats the thing about the lunar mod... its a super tight, yet warm and modern feeling fuzzface, not a muff. so its not too over the top. its got side trimmers like a screwdriver, so it can really be tweaked to get it to sound just the way you want... so, yeah, no mid scoop on this baby. hit that bridge position and it'll cut like a knife.

• Members
fair enough!

but... for $200 you've gotten yourself
just about
as close to tonal perfection in a nice compact road-worthy package. its just so nice and tight and always there for you when you need it to be. and versatile, too!

if you were on a budget, it'd probably be the only fuzz you'd ever have to buy, unless you got the fuzz bug and had to have every different flavor of it under the sun like me
:D:freak::D

No no that's what I mean. The price is in fact fair.

The thing is I do have the fuzz bugg, but since muff's are my favorite, if I can find one of that style to real wet my beak, then I'm good. I can have a bunch of noise-maker fuzz's but a muff is more of my main sound fuzz. I have the old BYOC muff clone that my buddy modded to have the mid cut/flat/boost switch and i LOOOOOVE it but mostly because of the mid boost option.

• Members
i like the knobs he uses. never tried one of his pedals, though. i think im going to go check out his site. off i go.
:)

I was lucky and got my LM from the D*A*M forum for $185, and I know I can sell it for more any time I want to. But I don't. Although not as versatile, or quite as good, on a budget the MXR Classic 108 fuzz doesn't disappoint. Especially with a good overdrive after it.

• Members

well thats the thing about the lunar mod... its a super tight, yet warm and modern feeling fuzzface, not a muff. so its not too over the top. its got side trimmers like a screwdriver, so it can really be tweaked to get it to sound just the way you want... so, yeah, no mid scoop on this baby. hit that bridge position and it'll cut like a knife.

Relevant to my interests

• Members

I've never really got along with fuzz. They often sound like ripped-speakers to me. Wheezy and brash. But, of course, there's plenty of bands using fuzz that I like, and enjoy the sound when THEY are using it. I often wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

• Members

A mids muff? Get a Supercollider.

http://www.myspace.com/earthboundaudioeffects

• Members

I agree. The Lunar Module is the only Fuzz I need on my board. It's more than just Floyd in a box. It's the best silicon FF I've played. Great cutting tone, isn't picky about where it goes in the signal chain, it stacks well, is small and is very 'tweakable' to your rig.

Archived