For my money... the best all around fuzz on the market-

• Members

well i gotta tell ya bro I had a really nice Muff Diver--though not an epic or finale, just the straight Diver, and I *really* liked it. I actually did like it better than the Skreddy Mayo, which I think would have been the closest Skreddy to compare it to. Dice Works definitely doesn't get enough love 'round here.

I'd be a liar if I didn't say that my DAM Ram Head is hands down the best Muff I've ever played (including an original '71 Triangle Muff) though... but yeah that was like the score of the century to a) be around when one popped up and b) be able to afford it at that moment (though I still paid way less than the last few have gone for!)

I got some buddies trying to get me to check out the Colorsound stuff, I guess the originals and the reissues are all really good. The Overdriver especially sounds tasty.

Anyway though as most people know I've got a ton of fuzz, but I picked out the Lunar Mod because I just don't think there would be any situation it'd be *wrong* for. most fuzzes I think of in terms of their specific applications... with your volume knob and some quick knob adjustments (or not so quick side trimmer adjustments) you can pull almost any sound out of this thing and its gonna sound good... never too over the top, but it'll never leave you hanging either.

BUT... yes indeedy. Dice Works rules! Sometime when I'm on the fuzzhunt again I'll probably grab an epic or finale.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
well i gotta tell ya bro I had a really nice Muff Diver--though not an epic or finale, just the straight Diver, and I *really* liked it. I actually did like it better than the Skreddy Mayo, which I think would have been the closest Skreddy to compare it to. Dice Works definitely doesn't get enough love 'round here.

I'd be a liar if I didn't say that my DAM Ram Head is hands down the best Muff I've ever played (including an original '71 Triangle Muff) though... but yeah that was like the score of the century to a) be around when one popped up and b) be able to afford it at that moment (though I still paid way less than the last few have gone for!)

I got some buddies trying to get me to check out the Colorsound stuff, I guess the originals and the reissues are all really good. The Overdriver especially sounds tasty.

Anyway though as most people know I've got a ton of fuzz, but I picked out the Lunar Mod because I just don't think there would be any situation it'd be *wrong* for. most fuzzes I think of in terms of their specific applications... with your volume knob and some quick knob adjustments (or not so quick side trimmer adjustments) you can pull almost any sound out of this thing and its gonna sound good... never too over the top, but it'll never leave you hanging either.

BUT... yes indeedy. Dice Works rules! Sometime when I'm on the fuzzhunt again I'll probably grab an epic or finale.

Well, that's good enough for me. If an acknowledged fuzz fiend such as your good self says that the LM is the duck's nuts then Marc gets my next spare cash and the Lunar Mod gets the Suds and Burgs demo. Can't wait! Might be a while though... Oh, the new Teaser sounds like fun as well.. And..KosmicBlues is doing those amazing MKII's and III's too. Man, does it ever end? :)

• Members

I think you and the Lunar Mod would be a peeeerfect fit. looking forward to it man! I'll check out the KosmicBlues stuff too, I've been hooked on SkinPimp stuff lately from smaller builders (my MKIII and Buzzaround he did are unreal!) but i'm always on the lookout! I gotta get myself a Monsterpiece here pretty soon too....

ahh... nope. never ends. ever. thank god ;)

Archived