What to do when you run out of pedal board space?

mikeoxlong

• Members

I do not want to have 2 pedal boards for just 1 to 2 extra pedals, the pedal power seems to take up a lot of room, I have been wanting to build a raised level board inside my case to hide all of the power, but my pedal board case isn't deep enough.... how much do u think a mod would cost to deepen a case? I can't afford a new one. I also play lots of gigs and tour so I do not want to have to plug everything in all the time.

What has harmony-central done to combat this problem?

• Members

There's no way you couldn't do without two pedals, get rid of something! Either that or put your tuner/volume pedal/wah on the floor.

the thing is that I don't really have that many pedals, they're just mainly large ones. ehx pog, micro synth, fulltone fulldrive 2, fulltone octafuzz, whammy, diamond memory lane 2, boss tuner, vox wah, pedal power 2.... also most of these pedals require their own power, so that stuff really bogs my space... they all fit, but they're awkward and I have no room for an addition.... I was thinking of trading my old microsynth for a new smaller one, but I don't like the new pogs because they dont have an input slider.... I love the overdrive sound you can get from the pog. And like I said I can't deal with pedals on the floor.

• Members

my question is this:

how do you setup your pedals to run half to the loop and half in the front??? I could never organize it in a logical way so i always just go thru the front.

You organize them on your board however you see fit and make custom length cables to wire them in the order you want.

• Members

the thing is that I don't really have that many pedals, they're just mainly large ones. ehx pog, micro synth, fulltone fulldrive 2, fulltone octafuzz, whammy, diamond memory lane 2, boss tuner, vox wah, pedal power 2.... also most of these pedals require their own power, so that stuff really bogs my space... they all fit, but they're awkward and I have no room for an addition.... I was thinking of trading my old microsynth for a new smaller one, but I don't like the new pogs because they dont have an input slider.... I love the overdrive sound you can get from the pog. And like I said I can't deal with pedals on the floor.

Seriously.... get a digitech ex-7. it will replace your whammy and wah if you don't use them that often. I sold my buddah wah and the whammy stays home now. micro vibe got booted as well.

• Members

Seriously.... get a digitech ex-7. it will replace your whammy and wah if you don't use them that often. I sold my buddah wah and the whammy stays home now. micro vibe got booted as well.

I can't deal with digital multi-effects... people who swear by pods are tone-deaf, not saying the ex-7 is like a pod but I like my wah and the origional wh-1 too much

• Members

I can't deal with digital multi-effects... people who swear by pods are tone-deaf, not saying the ex-7 is like a pod but I like my wah and the origional wh-1 too much

I feel you man. Try one though. It's shocking how good it sounds. It probably won't compete all the way with your wh1... but i dont use whammy that much so it suits me fine.

the wah's are very tweakable and easy to get a good sound with. i'm picky when it comes to wah as well.... having owned a clyde deluxe and buddah for years.

the rotary sounds are the best i've heard period. i originally heard mayer's guitarist using it for this and was blown away when i saw what pedal it was.

It's a great space saver. i just wish it had presets cause then it would be the greatest ever.

• Members

I feel you man. Try one though. It's shocking how good it sounds. It probably won't compete all the way with your wh1... but i dont use whammy that much so it suits me fine.

the wah's are very tweakable and easy to get a good sound with. i'm picky when it comes to wah as well.... having owned a clyde deluxe and buddah for years.

the rotary sounds are the best i've heard period. i originally heard mayer's guitarist using it for this and was blown away when i saw what pedal it was.

It's a great space saver. i just wish it had presets cause then it would be the greatest ever.

yeah it looks like a sweet pedal forsure, I especially like the synth swell, but can't use whammy n wah at once... I think I'll just have to buy a big case, or somehow extend my existing case, to hold more pedals and having some cable storage/pic/ebow/strings storage would be a God send.

It is pretty slick. :o

Filters 'n stuff...

FilterBoard.jpg

Dirt board... the BYOC FF (Wuzzy Fuzz) has been bumped in favor of a Skreddy Screw Driver, and the DS-1 is going to be replaced with a Marshall in a box - probably a DLS.

DirtBoard.jpg

Modulation and delay board:

ModBoard.jpg

And all three together, ready for a session:

AllThree.jpg

Of course, that doesn't include the twenty or so "unmounted" pedals I have sitting around here... :o

Archived