Recommend me some Reverb pedals!

Marshredder

• Members

Just watching a vid of the tech 21 boost RVB the now, it sounds exactly what i am after. Another pedal to my want list and i don't even have a job! Happy times.

WHich video? Link please. The sound clips on the Tech21 site don't do it any favors at all.

• Members

i picked up my zoom 507 reverb unit for $29.

upsides:
imo, best use of money out of all my gear.
has modulation and/or delay too!
a lot of control on decay, tone, feedback.

downsides:
cheap plastic enclosure
can take a bit of time to set up
cannot go 100% wet =(

• Members

I'm REALLY picky about my verbs and the best one you could get is a Lexicon rack system. But if you don't want to go that route the Spring Chicken is the most natural spring reverb out there that maintains the tonal qualities of the input signal. If you want a bit more diversity the Holy grail has been working great, it's not the best in the world but it is much better than pretty much anything else that I have tried out there.

Andrew

• Members

I'm REALLY picky about my verbs and the best one you could get is a Lexicon rack system. But if you don't want to go that route the Spring Chicken is the most natural spring reverb out there that maintains the tonal qualities of the input signal. If you want a bit more diversity the Holy grail has been working great, it's not the best in the world but it is much better than pretty much anything else that I have tried out there.

Andrew

Yeah the SC is what I'm getting next. I don't need a ton of different reverb options, just one that sounds very natural, and this seems to be it.

• Members

Andrew

:thu:
no doubt.
lexicon rack.
too bad they don't make pedals.

• Members

if any of the holy grails

nano - defo not, not warm, sounds thin n weak, almost like suttle reverb
original - yes yes yes yes yes pure brilliance
plus - again as the nano, to my ears seems almost too weak and like its not got the balls behind it you know ???

as for the others ive not tried them/owned them so cant comment

• Members

I tried the RRR and felt the same way as IRG. It's not worth it unless you use alot of the settings, and I just liked 2 of them. At that point there's not much tweaking you can do. I have a spring chicken right now that's great but I think I'm gonna try the Tech21 RVB next.

Yep, I agree with you on the RRR. And Ryan at Dr. S has been so cool too, he's been emailing me while on his honeymoon. I feel guilty about returning it now.

Why the RVB over the SC? Just to try something new? I'm torn between the two.

• Members

Well, the RRR is staying. Facepalm for me, I probably didn't have the settings right at first. I had the level too high (unity is like 9 oclock) and the mix settings too high at first too. Sounds lovely now that its better adjusted. I do like plate reverb the best of all reverb sounds. I thought the SC would be just right, but I like some level of tweaking, and the SC would be too simplistic for my needs. I never found a clip of the RVB that I liked. I heard an older one from Tonefactor, and it didn't do much for me frankly.

I think I will use more of the RRR settings too, 9 is a lot, but at least 3-4 of them I really dig now. Not like they're all that different from one another, except for #9 that is. Expensive pedal, but I get it now. I'll probably be on the list for the new one when it comes out (another facepalm).

• Members

I have both the RVB and the SC.

I prefer the RVB for longer sigur ros-esque reverbs and the SC for short reverbs.

I don't know if anyone will agree with me, but I think the RVB has slight modulation that makes the reverb sound even more ambient.

• Members

I concur with some others who mentioned the Marshall RF-1 Reflector. It's an awesome reverb pedal, probably the best I've played. The sounds you can get out of that thing are incredible. The bypass is perfectly clean, and you can use an expression pedal to control the decay. I'm probably gonna get another one in the future.

For right now I'm using a T-Rex tonebug. When I first tried it through my twin I immediately thought about flipping it. I was trying to emulate the verb of the twin with this pedal through the normal channel and it just wasn't happening. When I plugged it into my vox ac4 it was instant orgasm. Especially at super-low volumes you get a huge warm ambience from it.

Archived