A band blew my mind, check it out!

janimarj

• Members

A pianist, a guitarist and a beatboxer. They all are ridiculously talented. The guitarist, Marzi Nyman, also knows how to use his stompboxes, and is one of the best, if not the best, guitarists I have ever seen. I just saw them live, they were awesome! It's jazz, but it's funky and it rocks!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

i must say having watched this there are some incrediby one of a kind talented musicians, its almost ridicolus how talented they are

the guy beatboxing is amazing

there all wicked

and like you said the guitarist sure knows how to use his stomboxes !!

amazing band

• Members
trippy

love and hate at the same time

looks like some kid with his dad and his dads life partner
:facepalm:

sounds like nothing else I ever heard

this is the kind of thing you either love, hate, or both love and hate simultaneously. I'm with you in that I both love and hate it.

love:

the frippy guitar licks with minimal equipment used -- very cool
the tightness of the piano and the guitar
that they don't take themselves too seriously

hate:

the beatboxing -- gets old [and buried in the mix] pretty quick
how they look
their hats

• Members

yeah, they can play, but it's cheesy and boring, like "hey! lets throw in every gimmicky jazz style in at once!"... it was almost parody like with their little "solo" every ten seconds... I forced myself to make it through the whole thing to see if it got better, but I can't see myself ever listening to them again...

• Members

Well, they certainly show that they can play, and there's a bunch of styles thrown in together, so I guess one could call it "gimmicky". I'm usually one for simplicity, and I don't like flashy players that much but these guys are just so great that they won me over. Glad to see that some of you liked the vid, but I understand that it isn't for everyone!

• Members

yeah, they can play, but it's cheesy and boring, like "hey! lets throw in every gimmicky jazz style in at once!"... it was almost parody like with their little "solo" every ten seconds... I forced myself to make it through the whole thing to see if it got better, but I can't see myself ever listening to them again...

To be fair, the "song" was called {censored} Catapult.

Archived