Pig Mine clips!! Finally!!

Secret Seasons

• Members
I think Dennis was merely speculating when he would get his nice new pedal, not complaining he hadn't got it already.
:wave:

This is sooo right and the skreddy waiting times are nothing compared with Toneczar or some FoxRox Products! SO i am chilled as usual!

@ Skreddy, thanks for the PM ;-)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, Kit, for the awesome clips!

Right. It is intended to fill exactly that slot between the distortion-y, midrangey Top Fuel and fuzzy, sustaining Pink Flesh. This is a pedal that I think will sound different depending on who's playing and how they have it set up. Kit's playing is sweet. I've got a couple of clips from a guy in a Pink Floyd tribute band, Josh S., where he has it set up with the sustain super low. I'm hoping for some more clips from him with higher-gain settings, but I like the low-gain ones too. Oh; here they are (Josh is a great player):

Tone in these clips is exactly what I'm wanting for a lead tone.

It's amazing how a FUZZ doesn't necessarily create FIZZ. Me likey.

Do you know the signal chain? Strat > PM > ?

• Members

Not like there won't be a gazillion more to follow, anyhow.

This is very true, especially about 2-3 months from now when the earlier buyers start getting theirs (hopefully mine arrives in time for Christmas).

That said, I agree with an earlier comment that the second set of clips was better. Those definitely got me psyched up to get my hands on the pedal.

• Members

Those clips are with my strat, Seymour Duncan SSL-5 bridge pickup, into a Fender Twin Reverb. Recorded with two Sure SM57 mics into a Presonus Firebox interface, into Garage Band.

The Dogs solo settings were:
Sustain: 80% or 3 o'clock
Tone:65% or 1:30
Lean/Fat switch set on lean. I think the clip Marc has up now has artificial double tracking, which is just duplicating the track and setting it slightly behind the original, like you hear on the album. You can do something similar with a short, one repeat delay.

The "wet" clip had a Boss CE-5 chorus set at 50% mix and a TC Nova delay added. The "raw" clip was just the PM. Both of those had the "fat" switch.

• Members

Those clips are with my strat, Seymour Duncan SSL-5 bridge pickup, into a Fender Twin Reverb. Recorded with two Sure SM57 mics into a Presonus Firebox interface, into Garage Band.

The Dogs solo settings were:

Sustain: 80% or 3 o'clock

Tone:65% or 1:30

Lean/Fat switch set on lean. I think the clip Marc has up now has artificial double tracking, which is just duplicating the track and setting it slightly behind the original, like you hear on the album. You can do something similar with a short, one repeat delay.

The "wet" clip had a Boss CE-5 chorus set at 50% mix and a TC Nova delay added. The "raw" clip was just the PM. Both of those had the "fat" switch.

which has more cut, the pig mine or one of your battle axes?

• Members

NO! don't be greedy, share with the class !

{quoting from another forum}Well, HE may not be doing any custom art, but I am doing it for him to use on the one I'm ordering. We have already discussed it and I have set up art to his template. (it's a painting but potentially nsfw?)

http://www.kitrae.net/music/SkreddyBoxArt-KR%20PigMine.jpg

Archived