Pig Mine clips!! Finally!!

Secret Seasons

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is kind of a peculiar tone I'm going for--aggressive and sustaining yet woody and smooth. You'll get more woodiness and transparency with the sustain lower and more aggression and sustain (of course) with the sustain up high. The original recording I'm trying to nail features a D-tuned guitar, which really makes a huge difference in the tone (and none of the clips so far feature a D-tuned guitar) and artificial double tracking. But here's another clip by Kit this time with the ADT, which really gets it close (even though it's still tuned a step higher than the album)...

Damn those chords at the end of that clip were intense. Dammit now I need another Skreddy:facepalm:.

• Members

Damn those chords at the end of that clip were intense. Dammit now I need another Skreddy:facepalm:.

That's a telecaster from the big D chord in the middle of the clip to the end, into a very clean Twin Reverb. The first half of the clip is a strat.

I gave the PM a strat work out last night with the sustain cranked into a Marshall practice amp with some gain. I recorded it but I'll have to listen back to see if any of my noodling sounds good enough for a clip. The PM is not supposed to be crazy on gain, but it got there easily with a dirty amp.

• Members
BTW Kit it is indeed good to see you over here and I hope you don't mind that I ganked your links and started this thread. I knew people would want to hear them asap though
;)

:thu:

Not at all. Apparently a lot of people wanted to hear the PM. There were over 400 downloads/streams from the site yesterday!

Archived