Best build quality / worst build quality

John_McEnroe

• Members

:lol:

What the {censored} are you talking about?! I was actually going to list them as having some of the best build quality. I own two. Hrrrrm, did you get a bad egg?

i've only had one bad egg--it was a murf, basically some connector pins would occaisionally short out on the housing causing half of the filters to not work.

but i have read countless stories of poor quality control, on the mooger forum and others. they have a lot of circuit-board mounted pots/jacks--coupled with a flimsier enclosure--just adds up to alot of problems. if they had a more robust enclosure or more hand-wiring of pots/jacks, i think they'd be better off.

i baby mine--because i love how they sound. just because they have wood side panels doesn't mean they aren't a bit chinsy. it's my one big beef with moog--for those prices, they should be alot better build quality.

• Members

um. To the r-tards.

First: Alpha makes pots of the same value, with the only difference between htem being TENSION. Yes, you can order pots with the only difference between them being tension.

Second: show me 2 pedal manufacturers that use different stomp switches. I have only ever been able to find one brand of 3pdt stomps. The rate at which they die has nothing to do with the pedal.

• Members

i've only had one bad egg--it was a murf, basically some connector pins would occaisionally short out on the housing causing half of the filters to not work.

but i have read countless stories of poor quality control, on the mooger forum and others. they have a lot of circuit-board mounted pots/jacks--coupled with a flimsier enclosure--just adds up to alot of problems. if they had a more robust enclosure or more hand-wiring of pots/jacks, i think they'd be better off.

i baby mine--because i love how they sound. just because they have wood side panels doesn't mean they aren't a bit chinsy. it's my one big beef with moog--for those prices, they should be alot better build quality.

Huh, sounds like conversely I might have just have gotten a couple good eggs. Sorry to hear they crapped out on you. I still loves my moogerfoogers :)

• Members

Second: show me 2 pedal manufacturers that use different stomp switches. I have only ever been able to find one brand of 3pdt stomps. The rate at which they die has nothing to do with the pedal.

There are several different switch manufacturers making the 3PDT footswitch, and they are definitely NOT all the same quality. The New Sensor one is noticeably lower quality than any of the other ones I've used; especially as of this past year when they've changed the construction of it to be even cheaper than it was before. The Cliff branded ones are clearly made in a different factory and with different (higher quality) materials. ZVex is now using a 3PDT made by Alpha in their Vextron series; if those are on par with the Alpha DPDT that's been available for awhile, I'd say it's considerably better than the NSC ones. I have also used Fujisoku 3PDT before, and those are by far the highest quality ones I've tried thusfar. Unfortunately, the Fujisoku has a reputation for being sensitive to heavy stomping.

Personally, I am considering switching to using the small 4PDT micro switches that can be used with a large actuator.

Archived