What Wilco's Jeff Tweedy thinks about what you think about him

acousticDave

• Members

That said, what's a good album to start with?

It doesn't have to be "safe" or "accessible."

Hmm...

The least safe and accessible are probably "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" and "A Ghost Is Born", although if you're looking for something really "inaccessible", Wilco will disappoint you, since they still have strong conventional songs underneath all the noise and weirdness.

For the new, safe, accessible Wilco, go for "Sky Blue Sky", which IMO is better than "Wilco (the album)", and "Being There" is a good introduction to where they came from (unless you want to go listen to some Uncle Tupelo)

• Members
Hmm...

The least safe and accessible are probably "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" and "A Ghost Is Born", although if you're looking for something really "inaccessible", Wilco will disappoint you, since they still have strong conventional songs underneath all the noise and weirdness.

For the new, safe, accessible Wilco, go for "Sky Blue Sky", which IMO is better than "Wilco (the album)", and "Being There" is a good introduction to where they came from (unless you want to go listen to some Uncle Tupelo)

Oh, I'm not looking for something inaccessible on purpose. I'm just saying, let me know what you think their best album is without thinking about whether or not it's their easy album. :)

• Members
In that case, I'd say that my favourite is "Sky Blue Sky".

But "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" is probably the one to listen to if you want to get the best idea of what all the fuss is about.

I'll check them both out, then. :thu:

Archived