best pedal order to optimize sound?

hosebeast

• Members

so right now my board goes guitar>hammy>dan echo>carbon copy>fm-4>echo park>fz7>moho muff>dd-20.

now, i'm acquiring a devi ever SM and an ehx double muff that i plan on using too, as well as an EHX octave multiplexor. i've seen a lot of people act almost as if it's wrong to put yr dirt pedals anywhere but last, but the only reason i have the dd-20 last is so i can loop distorted parts and play clean over top of it, or vice versa. i guess the type of bypasses pedals have effect their sound before or after pedals as well?

anyways, if you were using all of this stuff, including the pedals i just said i was getting, what order would you put them in?

• Members

I have delay before dirt, and a DD-20 after, so that way I can have delay any way I like it. Don't worry about what other people say too much; if you like the sounds you can make with the order you have, use it. I wouldn't suggest putting that hammy anywhere but first though, because they track best that way. Some people even disagree on that though! I personally like to eat hammy!

• Members

i just used this whammy for the first time, and when it's engaged and set to any of the settings, it completely changes octaves on my signal. i haven't had one in forever, so i don't remember if they all do this. i sort of think i remember the signal being normal if it was engaged and the expression pedal was down on any of the octave+/- settings. is it supposed to be doing that? kind of sucks because i can't go from normal signal to an octave up with the exp pedal, i have to use the switch its self.

• Members

so right now my board goes guitar>hammy>dan echo>carbon copy>fm-4>echo park>fz7>moho muff>dd-20.

anyways, if you were using all of this stuff, including the pedals i just said i was getting, what order would you put them in?

Yep, lots of delay. I would go: Whammy>FZ7>Muff>FM-4(this could even go second if you like the vibe to go before dirt, which often works best)>Delay>Echo.

I almost always have dirt before delay and most modulation, with delay and then reverb last. But every rule can be broken.

• Members

i just used this whammy for the first time, and when it's engaged and set to any of the settings, it completely changes octaves on my signal. i haven't had one in forever, so i don't remember if they all do this. i sort of think i remember the signal being normal if it was engaged and the expression pedal was down on any of the octave+/- settings. is it supposed to be doing that? kind of sucks because i can't go from normal signal to an octave up with the exp pedal, i have to use the switch its self.

Are you saying it doesn't play like normal when you set the pedal at heel position when you're on the 1 octave up, 2 octave up, ect modes? It should. If it just sounds out of tune but the the expression pedal still pitch shifts, then you probably just need to recalibrate the treadle.

Archived