Boss TU-2 tuner - love/no love?

liko

• Members

Yeap,

TU-2 is fine, I use one. The Korg Pitchblack seems to have some mild pluses to it, but buy either and you'll be all set. The TU2 is used by pros all over the world; buy it and spend your excited gear choosing time over things that make sounds :thu:

• Members

I think a lot off Boss stuff like the TU-2 become such industry standard pieces or gear because you cant argue with the fact they're built really solidly, last for ages, and are a reliable brand. Plus, with boss pedals being so readily available pretty much anywhere; bands on tour will have no problem getting a replacement quickly.

• Members

I like the displays on the Pitchblack, but my other guitarist has one, and its always giving him problems. Every time we get together, we have to wait until he finds the flaw in his setup that prevents sound from coming out his amp - its always the Pitchblack.

So imho, TU-2 can't be beat. I actually have two - one for each board.

• Members

I got one for my main board, but due to the price (I wasn't willing to pay that much) I picked up a virtually new (it was in the used case at GC) planet waves tuner.. true bypass, easy-to-see display... no problems thus far... that said, if I had been able to get a good deal on the TU-2 (say, $50) I'd have gone with it over almost anything... I was really not impressed with the plastic case of the Pitchblack :idk: I almost got that one...

• Members

I had a TU-2 for a bit, and never had any problems. I second the post regarding tuner pickiness being a bit odd, though...it's just a tuner.

That said, I prefer my Pitchblack. Smaller, and I prefer the display. Only thing the TU-2 has on the Pitchblack is sturdiness, IMHO, but that isn't a big issue if you don't punish your gear :thu:

Archived