If BOTB is just for fun, not competition, then...

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dudes, it's just the current pedal board thread with a poll. Except people tend to make boards just for BOTB... which defeats the whole purpose.

In a way you are right. And the BOTB is not solely about fun. It is still a BATTLE, which means a competition nowadays. Fun is the only component to it that keeps everyone from uncontrolled trolling, corksniffing, bitching and fighting.

• Members
In a way you are right. And the BOTB is not solely about fun.
It is still a BATTLE
, which means a competition nowadays. Fun is the only component to it that keeps everyone from uncontrolled trolling, corksniffing, bitching and fighting.

the-battle-of-the-bulge-timeline-2.jpg

• Members

Without prizes this year it's nothing more than a glorified circle jerk. Giving it structure at least maintains some of the competitive aspects of a "battle" or "contest".
Without rules we may as well just put a poll on the pedal board thread.

Just my opinion. I'm probably not even entering...my board is a mess and constantly shuffling around
I probably won't waste time on it if I can't win free {censored} :lol:

• Members
There will be prizes.
:wave:

...and this is the problem, I'd totally agree with F&EHX if this wasn't the case, but I think it needs to be fair and organised if there are prizes, otherwise people will start getting their panties in a bunch.

• Members
There will be prizes.
:wave:

That's cool Neo...and as was mentioned before, stresses the need for greater discussion to hammer out the rules.

It makes it a lot easier on Kayzer and Neoflox if everything is worked out beforehand, and it can avoid some potential backlash against those two gentleman for organizing this whole deal.

• Members

There's a balance to be struck. I think HCFX is strangling the fun out of BOTB with getting
too
caught up in
fair
I wouldn't be surprised if Phil decided to squash it this year and let everyone chill out

Isn't this what did happened with Dave and Phil deciding not to do it this year....?

Archived