OT: Junon

echodeluxe

• Members
I've lived here for 18 years.
:mad:
I rage thinking about it. I live 2 minutes from a {censored}ing awesome beach though, so I can't complain much. Still, I like snow, and not living by highway 98.

I dream of one day moving to the northeast or Seattle, or even London. I hate Florida as well, but eh, nothing much to do.

You should come down to Miami and jam :poke:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're missing out. I love playing drums. I'm about to start playing drums in a band soon, kind of like a Ben Folds-esque piano rock thing. Seriously, love them.
Percussion is the {censored}.

Snow is overrated.
I mean...it's fun the first time it snows each year, but by the time you're snowed into your house for the sixth day in a row it kind of loses it's charm.

Yeah, I played rack during winter one year. Not much like a real kit, but it was fun as hell.

I can see where snow would get overrated. Kinda like the beach.

I live in Mary Esther, which is the small town between Pensacola and Fort Walton.

• Members

Yeah, I played rack during winter one year. Not much like a real kit, but it was fun as hell.

I live in Mary Esther, which is the small town between Pensacola and Fort Walton.

Nice. I did drumline in high school, quads and pit (did EVERYTHING in pit, I was seriously running everywhere during the entire show). Ah, so much fun.

Holy {censored}, that's a small world. I was planning on visiting her sometime this coming summer.

• Members

Nice. I did drumline in high school, quads and pit (did EVERYTHING in pit, I was seriously running everywhere during the entire show). Ah, so much fun.

And yeah, I can see the beach getting old.

PIT is where it's at!

I played Synths, Rack, and Bass guitar. I miss it so much.

{censored}ty pictures of our 08 winter percussion show, which killed. 2nd place State I believe. Thats me on bass.

100_0040.jpg

100_0041.jpg

100_0043.jpg

• Members

Snow sucks. Beach sucks as well, come on people, its where water meets dirt. why do we care.

• Members

Yeah they always made me play bass for {censored} too. We did an African percussion/metallaphone (vibes and bells and chimes) version of Carol of the Bells for a Christmas concert one year and I wrote out a huge ass 2:00 two-hand tapping bass intro for it and then had a slap solo about half-way through the rest of the song. We had a kick-ass video taken of us, I wish I could find my copy though.

• Members

Yeah they always made me play bass for {censored} too. We did an African percussion/metallaphone (vibes and bells and chimes) version of Carol of the Bells for a Christmas concert one year and I wrote out a huge ass 2:00 two-hand tapping bass intro for it and then had a slap solo about half-way through the rest of the song. We had a kick-ass video taken of us, I wish I could find my copy though.

I didn't have any bass solos, I had some killer parts though.

Cant really hear the bass, but you can hear the guitar player kick up the gain on his Vox amp, we laughed about that for a long time. {censored}ing good show.

W6lR4AxO9rg

• Members

I wish I played in band in high school. Our band director was a {censored}ing douche though.

To paint a picture of his douchiness, his daughter had the lead role in the yearly musical that he directed all four years she was in school. A role reserved for seniors at any other time. and she had a {censored}ing TERRIBLE voice, if my best friend wasn't in them I wouldn't have gone to save myself the sound of her voice.

Mine was even more than a douche. I got him fired my last year of high school for hitting me. Everyone hated him. He was the biggest piece of {censored} ever. He made me go to St. Louis when I had the {censored}ing flu ON MY BIRTHDAY (made me get on the bus with all of the other kids and ride to St. Louis wanting to die) and do 3 {censored}ing performances while puking non-stop inbetween because "the band would fall apart without me". I was the bottom bass drum and generally playing the downbeats of most of the show. Lame, but it was my sophomore year.

• Members

I wish I played in band in high school. Our band director was a {censored}ing douche though.

To paint a picture of his douchiness, his daughter had the lead role in the yearly musical that he directed all four years she was in school. A role reserved for seniors at any other time. and she had a {censored}ing TERRIBLE voice, if my best friend wasn't in them I wouldn't have gone to save myself the sound of her voice.

• Members

i

that chick isnt in the band anymore?

i

Nah, Rachel had to go. She was always like "I wanna be in the band blahblahblah" but she kept missing practice. It got to the point where the other members were getting pissed because I was defending her for missing practice, because she was telling me she 'wanted to be in the band'. So, we finally sat her aside and talked about it, and she just quit....wtf? After I stuck up for her so much. She then said that us calling her to remind her about practice was 'annoying' WTF. Basically, she only wanted to be in a band, to say she was in a band. She was a decent keyboard player. But, she could barely sing her parts, and play at the same time.

Long {censored} is long.

• Members

i

Nah, Rachel had to go. She was always like "I wanna be in the band blahblahblah" but she kept missing practice. It got to the point where the other members were getting pissed because I was defending her for missing practice, because she was telling me she 'wanted to be in the band'. So, we finally sat her aside and talked about it, and she just quit....wtf? After I stuck up for her so much. She then said that us calling her to remind her about practice was 'annoying' WTF. Basically, she only wanted to be in a band, to say she was in a band. She was a decent keyboard player. But, she could barely sing her parts, and play at the same time.

Long {censored} is long.

Hey, now that she's out you could be with her and not be a nagging bandmate. Take her out and stuff :poke:

• Members

Hey, now that she's out you could be with her and not be a nagging bandmate. Take her out and stuff :poke:

She has a cross dressing boyfriend right now. Shes also kind of a mega bitch. She called me 'petty' when I tried to sit her aside to talk to her about practice. Shes hella cute though. :thu:

She used to have a crush on me, but I'm an idiot and didn't notice. Back when she was nice to me, she'd invite me over to watch Audrey Hepburn movies, and she'd make me pasta in her underwear. {censored}. I should've hit that. Looking back, I missed way to many signs. I'm an idiot. Oh well.

• Members

Lol. :thu:

And I totally know how it feels to have someone in a band who can't play their instrument and sing their parts at the same time. Then they complain because their guitar parts are boring. It's like, practice a little more and I'll write you harder parts, cuz when I write you hard parts you complain cuz you can't sing at the same time. Wah.

P.S. Night guys.

• Members

also, spaghett.

Dude, there was this guy at our show tonite, who is at every gig apparently, and he looks just like spaghett. same hair and all. I said g'day to him and he talks like that rad cat from police academy.. Bobcat Goldthwait.

Actually, he kind of looks like the lovechild of spaghett and Bobcat.

Spaghettcat.

• Members
Dude, there was this guy at our show tonite, who is at every gig apparently, and he looks just like spaghett. same hair and all. I said g'day to him and he talks like that rad cat from police academy.. Bobcat Goldthwait.

Actually, he kind of looks like the lovechild of spaghett and Bobcat.

Spaghettcat.

:eek::eek::eek:

Archived