Should I buy a zvec Woolly Mammoth?

mikeoxlong

• Members

The Woolly Mammoth is the only Zvex pedal that I've nearly bought, because it's so deliciously bass-y.

Instead, I ended up getting a Death By Audio Fuzz War, which isn't as controllable as the mammoth, but can do the same super huge bass sounds.

It's also way way less expensive.

($0.02)

• Members

Yeah get a Frazz. Just listen to the soundclips on the website. The most Brutal fuzz on the planet.

I'm not really looking for chaos, I have enough as it is, just some creamy bassy fuzz sounds like the woolly gives out...

pedal sounds great tho

The Woolly Mammoth is the only Zvex pedal that I've nearly bought, because it's so deliciously bass-y.

While it is deliciously bassy, I could never get it to behave at live volumes - especially with the pinch knob up'd. Fender amps.

u mean feedback wise? That's what sold me on the fulltone octafuzz, it's very quiet.

Nah, I experienced a volume-cut when I set the "pinch" parameter past noon. Could have just been a headroom issue, I guess? :idk: Love the sound of the thing though.

• Members

they are nice, but I've played both and don't think it stands up to the woolly imo of course

I dunno, is it true zvex offers lifetime warrentys? Cus that just might do it for me if that's the case.

All of my hand-painted pedals come with lifetime transferable warranties. My lifetime, of course. 8^)

Archived