Intro sound to Sigur Ros' Takk... ideas?

ben_allison

• Members

to me it sounds like a sample of some strings, with reverb, and phase.

and then it adds some singing.

and then guitar and bass swells swells.

I'm thinking yes to the strings.

Reverb for sure.

It's just the "bubbly" effect that's confusing me. It's repeating at fast, regular intervals leading me to believe it's either a phaser, tremolo, delay, OR sample that they've sliced and looped, which is then feeding a fx chain.

BTW, you owe me an M9.

• Members

I'm thinking yes to the strings.

Reverb for sure.

It's just the "bubbly" effect that's confusing me. It's repeating at fast, regular intervals leading me to believe it's either a phaser, tremolo, delay, OR sample that they've sliced and looped, which is then feeding a fx chain.

BTW, you owe me an M9.

The quickness is the string playing, they're bowing quickly. There is something whacky going on with it though.

i remember offering one, i don't remember what for, and i was gonna tell you to fly down to florida to collect it off the stage at Bobby D's regular sunday gig.

• Members

Sigur Ros....... easily my favorite band.

And sorry, no ideas. Why? It's not guitar. It's a multi layered, percolating sound design, utilizing samples, synths, and clearly brass. It's not guitar though. Any attempt at mimicking it with guitar won't do it justice.

The closest thing I can say for the shimmering part would be use high speed Trem and LFO's on a filter, to give it that ethereal, glassy, shimmer.

• Members

Sigur Ros....... easily my favorite band.

And sorry, no ideas. Why? It's not guitar. It's a multi layered, percolating sound design, utilizing samples, synths, and clearly brass. It's not guitar though. Any attempt at mimicking it with guitar won't do it justice.

The closest thing I can say for the shimmering part would be use high speed Trem and LFO's on a filter, to give it that ethereal, glassy, shimmer.

Yeah, I was thinking something like a fast auto-way, but set to a higher resonant frequency would at least simulate that shimmer.

• Members

BTW, a very similar kind of sound/effect can be hear in Mum's, "Far Away Swimmingpool" from the album "Finally We Are No One."

IGZChhXK1Ag

Hear that quick, bubbly sound? It's very different from, but there are similarities to, the effect on the main synth part in this:

2yox_svhkP4

Archived