Rage Against The Machine VS The X-Factor/Simon Cowell

Ponda Boba

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rage was higher in the charts last time i checked and they've been playing it non stop on the Radio

hopefully it beats it, the X Factor is gash and it's pretty much set up so the winner gets to number 1 in the christmas charts for a single written months ago and an album of crap karaoke covers

• Members

Let me have a rant!

There is nothing GENUINE in the XFactor or in pop music in general since the '80s with their brainwashing videoclips and ads. There is nothing GENUINE in people like Simon Cowell who is PROMOTING IGNORANCE to get quick easy money. It's too easy exploiting sheeple and teenagers, of course they are going to buy whatever they see on telly. If ART was a priority you would see real musicians, real composers on telly. But the real priority for major record companies is money, not art. There is nothing spiteful in this rage against greedy managers. See what happened to Leon Jackson, he has been sacked by Cowell because the poor guy wasn't selling enough. Cowell wants to see stupid puppets around him, if you are a clever or original person he is going to attack you immediately. Why in the '70s we had Kate Bush, Queen, Kansas, Jethro Tull, Yes, Keith Jarret, Hendrix? Because industry wasn't contaminated yet by videoclips and greedy producers. Having a good voice it's not enough to make art, see Leona Lewis, if you give her a good song she sings a good song, if you give her crap she sings crap.

If this year Rage wins it would be a success. For the next year against Pop Idol or Xfactor I suggest "Kansas": Cheyenne Anthem

Wake up folks!

• Members

Sony owns both. Sony wins.

One is a record for kids, the other is a record for...kids. Something to shout before they grow up and join the civil service.

It's not about the money, it's about our taste in music being represented by the charts, and how we are showing that we don't want this manufactured rubbish that is spewed by Simon Cowell.

• Members

I bought the single online and loads of my friends did the same thing. I'm just {censored}ing sick of Simon Cowell's monopoly of crap songs on the radio.

Between his stupid pop acts and n-dubz and tinchy stryder, there is nothing good on the radio in UK.

I really can't believe that there is actually not a single good national radio in this country.

• Members

It's not about the money, it's about our taste in music being represented by the charts, and how we are showing that we don't want this manufactured rubbish that is spewed by Simon Cowell.

^ i don't see how how this applies.

unless i missed something, Rage Against the Machine were never that popular - they certainly never got near to the top of the UK chart in the 90s...

'Killing in the Name' got to about #25 iirc which was back when the chart was actually significant.

so the people buying it are just as bad as the people buying the X-Factor single...

BOTH groups of 'music fans' are buying what they're being TOLD to buy.

i've never watched the X-Factor in my life and am never going to.

rather than choosing an old song by an (i realise this will upset people) irrelevant band, i would rather see the music buying public get behind current acts who would benefit more from the sales and exposure.

• Members

rather than choosing an old song by an (i realise this will upset people) irrelevant band, i would rather see the music buying public get behind current acts who would benefit more from the sales and exposure.

I don't see how going for an act like simon cowell's puppet will benefit current music. It's rehashed boring saccharine pop. :idk:

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Sony came up with the idea.

Next year I'm starting "Such Great Heights For Christmas Number One" in hope of an indie artist and label gets [51% of] some cash and maybe prompt a Postal Service reunion.

At least there would be less hypocrisy in the song choice and it sounds a bit pretty.

• Members

^ i don't see how how this applies.

unless i missed something, Rage Against the Machine were never
that
popular - they certainly never got near to the top of the UK chart in the 90s...

'Killing in the Name' got to about #25 iirc which was back when the chart was actually significant.

so the people buying it are just as bad as the people buying the X-Factor single...

BOTH groups of 'music fans' are buying what they're being TOLD to buy.

i've never watched the X-Factor in my life and am never going to.

The point of it isnt so much RATM beating out simon cowell/x-factor. It's about anything beating out simon cowell/x factor.

Tom Morello: "There are a lot of people who don't feel represented by it (christmas chart) and this Christmas in the UK they're having their say."

Apparently cowell and his generica have had the christmas spot the last 5 years or something like that. It's just some fun to {censored} with that smug bastard it seems. I'm sure a lot of people who arent RATM fans are buying/voting it, just cuz they dont dig x factor/idol/{censored} {censored}. If everyone picks one song to vote on then its more likely to beat simon cowell/x factor..

y'know? :)

• Members

The point of it isnt so much RATM beating out simon cowell/x-factor. It's about
anything
beating out simon cowell/x factor.

Tom Morello: "There are a lot of people who don't feel represented by it (christmas chart) and this Christmas in the UK they're having their say."

Apparently cowell and his generica have had the christmas spot the last 5 years or something like that. It's just some fun to {censored} with that smug bastard it seems. I'm sure a lot of people who arent RATM fans are buying/voting it, just cuz they dont dig x factor/idol/{censored} {censored}. If everyone picks one song to vote on then its more likely to beat simon cowell/x factor..

y'know?
:)

i can see the idea behind it, but there are plenty of up and coming UK bands that could do with the sales and public support.

but the fact that there's been a publicised anti-Cowell/X-Factor campaign will probably boost those sales too... there are plenty of X-Factor fans who probably wouldn't have bought the single if this campaign wasn't going on.

Archived