Small expression pedal

DRGUN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't devi gonna make some small expression pedals?

didn't devi actually make a couple of prototypes?

Yes, she did. I tested one of them for her. IMHO, it was a bit too small to easily control. I can't reveal everything because of the terms I work under when beta testing, but IMO, a pedal sized expression pedal would be too small to be practical for most users.

• Members

IMO, a pedal sized expression pedal would be too small to be practical for most users.

Hmm. I see what you mean, but the slight adaptation of movement would be worth the amount of real estate one would gain on their PT Jr. instead of using an EV-5 or an Ernie ball vol.

No? Maybe there is something i'm not understanding..

• Members

Yes, she did. I tested one of them for her. IMHO, it was a bit too small to easily control. I can't reveal everything because of the terms I work under when beta testing, but IMO, a pedal sized expression pedal would be too small to be practical for most users.

Yes. It was called the MEVP, and was built into a 1590b sized enclosure. I was DYING for it to come out... but it got canned.

The smallest I had an FX17 and would love to mod it for expression pedal usage...

Beyond that, this is the smallest usable expression pedal I know of:

3rd-Hand.jpg

Measures 9"d x 4w x 3"h.

Too bad they didn't offer that enclosure with a simple pot and two jacks!!! COME ON. They could even shave 2-3" off it that way and it'd be perfect.

ALSO, these things only need to be like 2" wide... COME... ON!!!

• Members

Why hasn't anybody created a volume pedal with a roller similar to the volume control on the original boomerang? The T1M guy has ones that are close, but I imagine it's hard to control his with your foot. A roller would be perfect.

• Members

Why hasn't anybody created a volume pedal with a roller similar to the volume control on the original boomerang? The T1M guy has ones that are close, but I imagine it's hard to control his with your foot. A roller would be perfect.

I think that might be awkward for wah or whammy stuff. Volume... maybe.

I think "pump" think that Jacques uses is cool!

636586.jpg

• Members

why not build a tiny box that takes the fx17 5v output to drive an led attached to an LDR that is attached to a jack no mods necessary
:idk:

Explain.

I have and FX17 so this is RTMI...

1) 5v controls an led.

2) Led "controls" a light dependent resistor.

3) Resistor is wired between two jacks to adjust output.

Is that all? How do you calibrate what "luminosity" corresponds to what ohmage?

Archived