January sales UK

Kaz2550

• Members

Be wary guys, Dolphin are failing as always. All the stuff I've been gassing over seems to be barely bumped down to Digital Village prices. The best I found was an interface that was a tenner cheaper than DV's normal cost. I want bargains dammit, surely they've got old stock to shift!

• Members
Boss%20TU1000%202Popup.jpg

I only just realised how massive they are. WTF???
:eek:
How many 20 feet tall guitar playing giants with size 40 shoes are there in this world????

Clearly made for Johnny Hiland.

Simple way into discount is just to buy a {censored}load of gear with a couple of friends. Spoke to Nevada, mentioned we'd be dropping around

• Members

I've used both a lot and tbh at least dolphin have stuff in stock to sell at the price I claim.

Whenever i've been in touch with dv247 anything labelled "3-12 days" I've been told would be weeks or months.

DV247 have always been amazing for me. Got an Mbox 2, AKG C214, M-Audio Keystation 49e and ProTools 8 LE for

• Members
I go in there a fair bit, and the staff are great. But twice I've tried to order something and "3-12 days" has meant "not in stock".

Once was a guitar and it was going to be months; the other time it was a pedal and it was going to be weeks.

When I got my audio interface and power supply from them, they were faultless, and when I went in randomly needing midi cables they had some. Just don't order something that says "3-12 days" without emailing first.

I'd never buy a guitar or effects from them, only studio stuff... not sure why. I have a stigma about it I guess. :lol:

Which branch did you visit? I've been using the Southampton one for around 6 years now. {censored} I feel old.

• Members

Does anyone know which shops do price matching plus 5% sorta thing?

You'll be lucky. Most places you'll be lucky to get price matching without a very begrudging attitude... I think B&Q, Asda and John Lewis are the only places you can get that these days!

Most stores are feeling the pinch because of online stores setting up and, well, cleaning up. No overheads... no staff to pay... just them, a bedroom/garage/sheep full of wares, and they're away...

• Members
I'd never buy a guitar or effects from them, only studio stuff... not sure why. I have a stigma about it I guess.
:lol:

Which branch did you visit? I've been using the Southampton one for around 6 years now. {censored} I feel old.

Bristol here. Best guitar shop in bristol, and they don't even stock anything :)

• Members
Bristol here. Best guitar shop in bristol, and they don't even stock anything
:)

Yeah... a lot of mainstream guitar shops are crap these days. Living on the Isle of Wight means that I end up with some turdly choices. Guitar days are strategically planned and well-funded. :lol:

• Members
I've used both a lot and tbh at least dolphin have stuff in stock to sell at the price I claim.

Whenever i've been in touch with dv247 anything labelled "3-12 days" I've been told would be weeks or months.

I was just in my local Digital Village on Saturday picking some monitors for recording (both ouch and yay). If you order by phone to your local branch they'll order stock into the shop rather than shipping direct, and if you're buying a few things their likely to give you a deal. I needed to add some cables to my order for the monitors on the phone this morn, they gave me them for half price (saved fifty quid) and they're arriving tomorrow. It pays to converse with hoomans. :thu:

Archived