any love for Firebirds here?

companyman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

4298395300_5a550e77bd_b.jpg

Bitchin--love the dark cherry wood.

I think that, visually, the Firebird (reverse....I like the non-reverse ones but not as much) just look badass. I'd gone so long as a player for awhile with no upgrades, that I think that you need gear that really makes you feel good about yourself as a player. Firebirds are somewhat common, but still, SG's and Les Pauls are more popular and I think that a Firebird kind of gives you a bit more of an identity as a player, and the minibuckers definetely have their own sound.

• Members

yeah, that is pretty sweet!

I have a question for you Firebird players out there, do you find yourself turning the body of the guitar more to your side when you play toward the nut? It seems like the first chording position is far away on that long neck.

Is it uncomfortable to play chords down at that end?

• Members

I have a question for you Firebird players out there, do you find yourself turning the body of the guitar more to your side when you play toward the nut? It seems like the first chording position is far away on that long neck.

For me, it's not uncomfortable to play it and have it at a position that I normally play every other guitar at.

• Members

maybe if you have short arms is a problem.

firebird is not the most comfortable guitar out there.

• Members

I think that, visually, the Firebird (reverse....I like the non-reverse ones but not as much) just look badass. I'd gone so long as a player for awhile with no upgrades, that I think that you need gear that really makes you feel good about yourself as a player. Firebirds are somewhat common, but still, SG's and Les Pauls are more popular and I think that a Firebird kind of gives you a bit more of an identity as a player, and the minibuckers definetely have their own sound.

yeah, i love those minibuckers! very sharp and yet bold

• 3 weeks later...

Archived