EQD Ghost Echo. Educate me.

t-rey

• Members

I have decided I want one of these. The thing is I don't know if it would be redundant in my setup. For delay I have a DE7 and just got a Carbon Copy which I am using to thicken my sound with little to no repeats. So would reverb be redundant for me with how I am using the Carbon Copy?

Other than that - any thoughts or reviews about it?

• Members

i havnt played one, but i listened to the demo, and form what clay has told me, the reverb seems very nice and clean. sounds like the reverb has great tone (not too bright, not too dark or anything) idk seems like a pretty cool pedal. the reverb sounds very.. idk how to describe it... it seems to seperate itself from the dry signal nicely. depth seems awesome. dosent mud the signal too much? adds the ambience without adding just noise...? idk, is that how i hear it or completely false take on it?

• Members

I have decided I want one of these. The thing is I don't know if it would be redundant in my setup. For delay I have a DE7 and just got a Carbon Copy which I am using to thicken my sound with little to no repeats. So would reverb be redundant for me with how I am using the Carbon Copy?

Other than that - any thoughts or reviews about it?

I feel like you could get it and use your carbon copy to more of its potentional as a delay.

• Members

Thanks dudes, happy to see y'all are enjoying the ghost echo. I really didn't set out to emulate anything in particular but I have a tube reverb unit here that the ghost echo pretty much nails but the GE is strangely warmer with a lot more depth.

I needs to know whats up with that Monarch OD
:love:

I'm starting production on these tomorrow and I'll post pics and clips soon. It's an all discrete FET based high gain OD. 1 part orange, 1 part marshall and 1 part fender all rolled into one small box of smooth filth. Controls for bass, treble, gain and level. The tone controls are like frequency boosters in the preamp section so they boost the lows and highs to your liking and both are very effective. It's really pretty lookin' too...

• Members

Thanks dudes, happy to see y'all are enjoying the ghost echo. I really didn't set out to emulate anything in particular but I have a tube reverb unit here that the ghost echo pretty much nails but the GE is strangely warmer with a lot more depth.

I'm starting production on these tomorrow and I'll post pics and clips soon. It's an all discrete FET based high gain OD. 1 part orange, 1 part marshall and 1 part fender all rolled into one small box of smooth filth. Controls for bass, treble, gain and level. The tone controls are like frequency boosters in the preamp section so they boost the lows and highs to your liking and both are very effective. It's really pretty lookin' too...

Straight from the horses mouth - thanks for chiming in sir.

This Monarch OD has me very interested now, can't wait to see what that combo of sounds ends up producing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived