OT: What a phony ... ! a.k.a. The KSS Political Super Thread

• Members
:idea:

Every presidency has its ups and downs - I think what people are reacting to is more the partisanship and sheer viciousness of the System as it exists today. The government, the media, and the parties - everyone vying for control of us are competing at intense, but woefully base levels. I'm very into politics and media, and it's rather plain to see how, for example, "reporting" these days is un-apologetically partisan. Which wouldn't bother me so much if only the "reporters" would not insist they should be considered "objective" - that is clearly manipulative.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this election, more than ever, and no matter who gets the Democrat nod, if you're choosing between the Dems or the Republicans, you're choosing between varying degrees of the same politician.

+1, which is why I'm not going to vote for either of them.

• Members

You're phony if you enrich your experience with sniper rifle fire :).

Apparently you are cool these young people losing limbs and dying?

When you become a soldier, you know what's in store for you. The difference is that back in the olden days of WWII these people just died, while now we're doing our stinking best to patch them up. Which is great, but it would've been greater if we could hurry up with the stem cell stuff.

But y'know, that's not the worst. The worst is the slew of e-mails that goes around saying HURRR OBAMA SOUNDS LIKE OSAMA. Yes, in 2000 you had presidential candidates Bloodbath vs. Crotch Hair, and right now you can choose between Famous-Uncaught-Terrorist-Except-For-One-Letter, French Fries and Synonymous-With-Adultery. Previously, you had some guy called Car Brand.

Congratulations. You're worrying about religious affiliation, skin color, and last names, instead of what they actually do after they've landed the spot. Well, anything else than trying to lower taxes and gas prices.

• Members

"We can't eat as much as we want... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK."

WTF should we care what other countries say about what we drive or eat? The fact that he can get away with saying {censored} like this is dangerous.

It is exactly this kind of attitude that breeds hatred.

Spoken like a true neocon.

• Members

So we are supposed to believe that Obama will be able to talk with Iran, North Korea, etc. and change their ways but he can't talk with Pastor Otis Moss and change the direction of Trinity Church ?

• Members
So we are supposed to believe that Obama will be able to talk with Iran, North Korea, etc. and change their ways but he can't talk with Pastor Otis Moss and change the direction of Trinity Church ?

Welll....he IS The Magic Negro. :idea:

• Members

:lol: That's an interesting point. First: can't stand McCain. He's another jr with a different face. Second: not set on Obama either. I think he's handled this whole church thing wrong. He really should have quit a long time ago or did a better job of defending his reasons for staying. He's pandering.

• Members

Pighood is a human being who rejoices in the rich getting richer, indulging in red baiting, and loving every minute that 1,000,000 Iraqis are dead. Of course, he can't see that he's getting screwed the whole time, cause he ain't rich.

Didn't we discuss this a few months back? A killer can't hide one single body without it eventually being discovered. Where in the CNN, CurrentTV, google-earthin', youtube do you conceal a "million" rotting dead bodies?

• Members

Why should Iran change its

ways? This is how the media shapes the entire debate. Why is it wrong for them to help insurgents in Iraq, for instance? And given the proclivity of the US to attack countries without a nuclear deterrent, isn't it entirely rational for them to try to get nuclear capability (if they even are, which is very much in doubt). There is plenty wrong with Iran, but not the things that the 'liberal' Obama will try to change...

• Members

Didn't we discuss this a few months back? A killer can't hide one single body without it eventually being discovered. Where in the CNN, CurrentTV, google-earthin', youtube do you conceal a "million" rotting dead bodies?

Let's not do this again. First of all, the killer analogy is ridiculous - if no one is looking for the body, then of course a killer can hide it. We're not talking about a million hidden bodies...just that taking only press accounts dramatically undercounts, as even Iraq body count readily admits. There only contention is whether they are off by a factor of 2 or so, or a factor of 10 or so. And my entire point here wasn't that 200,000 is ok, but 1,000,000 is wrong. Either is an atrocity.

• Members
Why should Iran change its

ways?

Obama's own website claims that it is a problem that Iran supports militias inside of Iraq, is attempting to acquire nuclear weapons, its leaders have threatened the existence of Israel and denied the holocaust. However unlike Obama, you don't see a problem with Iran. It's all a media concoction :rolleyes:

• Members
Let's not do this again. First of all, the killer analogy is ridiculous - if no one is looking for the body, then of course a killer can hide it. We're not talking about a million hidden bodies...just that taking only press accounts dramatically undercounts, as even Iraq body count readily admits. There only contention is whether they are off by a factor of 2 or so, or a factor of 10 or so. And my entire point here wasn't that 200,000 is ok, but 1,000,000 is wrong. Either is an atrocity.

Humanity wouldn't need to be looking for the thousands of bodies any more than they'd have to be "looking" for the ocean. Seems like they'd be everywhere, even with a mere 200k in a small area like Iraq.

In any case, the only analogy I'd like to suggest is that, "I find the Voyager to be more analogy than my other synths.". :badump:

• Members
Obama's own website claims that it is a problem that Iran supports militias inside of Iraq, is attempting to acquire nuclear weapons, its leaders have threatened the existence of Israel and denied the holocaust. However unlike Obama, you don't see a problem with Iran. It's all a media concoction
:rolleyes:

I addressed all of these issues, but you simply repeat what Obama says. Brainwashed anyone?

First of all, none of these things are conclusive - it is not proven that they support insurgencies within Iraq, or are attempting to acquire nuclear weapons. However WE are the illegal occupiers in Iraq, and it is not wrong by definition to help those who are fighting the U.S.

Certainly, supporting Holocaust denial is a bad thing - however, this isn't the big issue here, and isn't why the Bush administration is likely to attack Iraq.

The quote about wiping Israel off the map is apparently a bad translation...

The United States is the only country to have used nuclear weapons against civilians, and uses this threat (read about Obama refusing to take the nuclear threat against Iran "off the table") coercively against other countries. However the United States hasn't attacked North Korea - probably one reason is the nuclear deterrent. It is entirely rational for Iran to try to develop them - given Israel's possession of quite a few, and the aggression by America. That it is rational doesn't mean it is good - but developing it as a deterrent isn't the same thing as developing it to use aggressively against other countries. We are the only country who has done that, and threatens it.

• Members
Humanity wouldn't need to be looking for the thousands of bodies any more than they'd have to be "looking" for the ocean. Seems like they'd be everywhere, even with a mere 200k in a small area like Iraq.

In any case, the only analogy I'd like to suggest is that, "I find the Voyager to be more analogy than my other synths.".
:badump:

Ah - so even that estimate is too high? This is your argument entirely - 'ooh, where would they put all of them'. LOL. What do you think the number is? 125?

Archived