Favorite Don Caballero Album

danceatron

• Members

{censored} yeah world class listening problem

I don't care what most people say, that was Don Cab's best even if it wasn't with the original members. Especially because of "Sure We Had Knives Around."

What Burns Never Returns is probably my favorite album by the original set of Don Cab, though the best songs by them were "Details On How To Get ICEMAN On Your License Plate" and "June Is Finally Here."

• Members

The indie crowd will go nuts, but IMO, the best Don Cab stuff is easily the later stuff with Ian Williams. The older material just sounds like bad metal with a wanker for a drummer.

What Burns Never Returns and American Don are tops, IMO. It's little wonder why Battles is a far more interesting group than the "new" Don Cab.

• Members

The indie crowd will go nuts, but IMO, the best Don Cab stuff is easily the later stuff with Ian Williams. The older material just sounds like bad metal with a wanker for a drummer.

What Burns Never Returns and American Don are tops, IMO
. It's little wonder why Battles is a far more interesting group than the "new" Don Cab.

Yup

• Members

What Burns Never Returns was a HUGE record for me. All their prior records were fantastic for sure and they put on a great show but that record really caused me to go from fan to super fan. American Don and Singles Breaking Up collection are wonderful records in their own right.

• Members

I had seen Don Cab many times prior to the What Burns Never Returns record and they were fantastic. Right before they put that record out they did a show at the Princeton Music Festival with Shellac, Him (Doug form June of 44 not the gay ass Bam Margera band) Paul Newman, and a few others...

I was surprised to see Banfield was gone and it was just Ian with two looper pedals I had never seen before... The Akai Headrush. Needless to say my mind was blown. Dome piece just cut clean off. With out any sync or other modern day looper luxuries Ian tore it up and gave a new meaning to a pedal tap dance... Needless to say I went out the next day to find some headrush pedals... I bought two and never looked back. It is still one of my favorite pedals / loopers and it hasn't left my board in 11 plus years.

• Members

I'm just gonna ask, who else thought that Punkgasm was a huge disappointment?

I know that it was an attempt to move in a new direction, but it felt forced. Then again, it wasn't really Don Cab since American Don.

Not really that different of a direction it is just since Damon can't keep guitar players around it seems, he is writing more guitar parts and therefore his Speaking Canaries voice is present.

• Members

I had seen Don Cab many times prior to the What Burns Never Returns record and they were fantastic. Right before they put that record out they did a show at the Princeton Music Festival with Shellac, Him (Doug form June of 44 not the gay ass Bam Margera band) Paul Newman, and a few others...

I was surprised to see Banfield was gone and it was just Ian with two looper pedals I had never seen before... The Akai Headrush. Needless to say my mind was blown. Dome piece just cut clean off. With out any sync or other modern day looper luxuries Ian tore it up and gave a new meaning to a pedal tap dance... Needless to say I went out the next day to find some headrush pedals... I bought two and never looked back. It is still one of my favorite pedals / loopers and it hasn't left my board in 11 plus years.

Rly?

I thought he was using a Gibson Echoplex? Thats very impressive. I also love my headrush...

Archived