$2500 Klon

Rizza

• Members
I know it's been said before in here, in essence, but for $2500 I could get a 20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva. Pretty sure the OD on there will be better for my tone than a Klon. No offense, Bill.
:facepalm:

(Nothing against the Klon. I've got one incoming, but $2500 is damned ridiculous, and yes, I will be gigging my Klon. Looks like no $2500 resale for mine.
:lol:
)

Trade your inferior later model Klon for my non-20th Anni Shiva?

• Members
It's still up for sale, so i'm guessing that the price is a couple of dollars too high.
:)
The problem with the used and rare market nowadays is that people list things for retarded prices and they'd rather sit on them for awhile than sell it. Which I guess I can see in a way--you want to try to get as much as you can for something--but when i've sold something, i've always tried to sell it at a price that I feel is reasonable....players prices--not price gouging.

I've also seen the converse thing happen.....you sell it for a reasonable price, some dealer/ collector guy comes around and snags it for the reasonable players type price that you let it go for, then they're the guys jacking up the price on EBay or Kijiji or wherever and sitting on it for days or weeks longer than they would have, just to hold out for the high price that they want. So you really kind of can't win. In fairness to some sellers, you have to inflate the price astronomically, just so that the dealer guys don't resell that a day later for $500 bucks later.

That being said, $2500 dollars for
any
pedal (including Dallas Rangemasters) is a couple of thousand more than they're worth. The price--like anything--is dictated more by demand than what I feel is actual worth. Which isn't the problem as much as that it's a relatively small few that ironically drive up the price, anyways. No one I know would pay even half of that for any guitar pedal.

this

• Members

what you guys don't understand about the first run klons is that the difference just comes down to this.... the more fragile harmonics can survive in the first run klon where they seem to be eliminated or squashed in the later klons. I think it just comes down to that... the physics of it, electrons can survive in a first run klon while they have trouble in the later run klons. I think that's the best and simplest way I can put it.

Archived