Biggest rip-off pedal manufacturers?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What are the {censored}ing buying police or the posting police or something? :poke:

I'm just asking if any of you guys find certain companies overpriced. I didn't mean to piss in the almighty HCFX bowl of Cheerios. What? People never complain here? I'm sorry, your highness, for disrupting the ebb and flow of your awesome chi.

{censored}... some of you guys are really {censored}ing uptight, man.

Who's uptight? You're the one with his panties in a bunch over pedals you'll never buy.

:lol:

• Members

I think erksin and Waldo Pepper/Catalinbread are trying to start a boutique pedal builder's union. Don't ever question a price without expecting one of them to pop into your thread and argue with you.

Why don't you familiarize yourself with the intimate details of running a small effects company and what effect those details have on product pricing and then we'll have an intelligent conversation about what pedals should cost.

• Members
Browsing around PGS and a few other sites, there are some companies just charging entirely too much for pedals. From what I've seen (today at least), Mad Professor gets my vote as the biggest jip in the business.

Their pedals are over 300 {censored}ing dollars, and don't appear to be anything magical or so far out of the ordinary versus other run-of-the-mill boutique companies that entitles them to ass-rape their customers for that kind of dough.

{censored} that {censored}. Right in the ear.

Any other companies come to mind?

Dude, what's the problem? Like Erskin said, it's all subjective. Nobody told you that you have to like their stuff let alone buy it. Or is it that you want one and can't afford it? Sounds like PENIS ENVY to me.:facepalm:

• Members

I think that when people say that these hyper-expensive pedals are the "best they've heard", there is somewhat of a placebo effect that is impairing their judgement. They want it to be the best they've heard, since they spent so much {censored}ing money on it.

• Members

I love these hate threads.

Rip off pedals? How about discontinued boss pedals like the Harmonist and the Slow Gear that fetch $200+ on eBay only because they're discontinued. I remember buying a Harmonist for $40 and flipping it for $200 two years later. I felt dirty :(

• Members

I think that when people say that these hyper-expensive pedals are the "best they've heard", there is somewhat of a placebo effect that is impairing their judgement. They want it to be the best they've heard, since they spent so much {censored}ing money on it.

The same reason people don't have the balls to go out and buy danelectro pedals no matter how many good reviews it's got.

• Members

I've had $50 Arion pedals on my board, MXRs, Boss, Ibanez - I use what sounds good and does the job I need done. I got the chance to play my BJF extensively before buying it - at home over a couple of days. Plenty of time to decide if it was 'worth it' and it still is.

• Members

The same can be said about a nice Scotch, or a finely rolled cigar...but that doesn't mean they aren't worth it either.

I'm gonna grab a swig of Glenlivet and call it a night.

Archived