Biggest rip-off pedal manufacturers?

• Members

Browsing around PGS and a few other sites, there are some companies just charging entirely too much for pedals. From what I've seen (today at least), Mad Professor gets my vote as the biggest jip in the business.

Their pedals are over 300 {censored}ing dollars, and don't appear to be anything magical or so far out of the ordinary versus other run-of-the-mill boutique companies that entitles them to ass-rape their customers for that kind of dough.

{censored} that {censored}. Right in the ear.

Any other companies come to mind?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Browsing around PGS and a few other sites, there are some companies just charging entirely too much for pedals. From what I've seen (today at least), Mad Professor gets my vote as the biggest jip in the business.

Their pedals are over 300 {censored}ing dollars, and don't appear to be anything magical or so far out of the ordinary versus other run-of-the-mill boutique companies that entitles them to ass-rape their customers for that kind of dough.

{censored} that {censored}. Right in the ear.

Any other companies come to mind?

Your righteous indignation is loltastic. :lol:

Made in Europe in small batches, that explains a lot of the cost.

Whether or not you feel they are 'worth it' is totally subjective, but they make very nice pedals and every one I've ever played has sounded fantastic. Too rich for your blood? Then don't buy one.

• Members

Do you honestly think a dirt pedal that sounds the same as half the dirt pedals out there is worth 350$? Or a 3 knob analog delay?? I just can't see paying that much for anything that doesn't do multifunctions.

I don't think their stuff sounds the same as 1/2 the stuff out there.

Again - don't buy one. I don't understand your outrage if you never intended to buy one in the first place. What are you - the pricing police? :cop:

• Members

Do you honestly think a dirt pedal that sounds the same as half the dirt pedals out there is worth 350$? Or a 3 knob analog delay?? I just can't see paying that much for anything that doesn't do multifunctions.

Honestly ive never read a statement i agreed with more on here.

except when erskin agreed i was much more handsome than him.

• Members

I don't think their stuff sounds the same as 1/2 the stuff out there.

Again - don't buy one. I don't understand your outrage if you never intended to buy one in the first place. What are you - the pricing police?
:cop:

What are the {censored}ing buying police or the posting police or something? :poke:

I'm just asking if any of you guys find certain companies overpriced. I didn't mean to piss in the almighty HCFX bowl of Cheerios. What? People never complain here? I'm sorry, your highness, for disrupting the ebb and flow of your awesome chi.

{censored}... some of you guys are really {censored}ing uptight, man.

• Members

Honestly ive never read a statement i agreed with more on here.

except when erskin agreed i was much more handsome than him.

You are pretty... :love:

I have a BJF HBOD and its probably the best sounding dirt pedal I've ever played. It has replaced a few amps for me that I normally used to get the same sounds, and I play it way more. I got it for $300. I sold the amps for $650. The HBOD payed me back $350 and I don't have to maintain it. Booya.

• Members

You
are
pretty...
:love:

I have a BJF HBOD and its probably the best sounding dirt pedal I've ever played. It has replaced a few amps for me that I normally used to get the same sounds, and I play it way more. I got it for $300. I sold the amps for $650. The HBOD payed me back $350 and I don't have to maintain it. Booya.

The purple DLS on my board is pretty:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I think paying over 200$ for ANY dirt pedal (vintage/new etc...) is stupid.

Stuff like delay would require much more R&D so the high prices are understandable.

I dunno man, if you love it, it's worth the price, my BOR was worth every penny imo

• Members

What are the {censored}ing buying police or the posting police or something? :poke:

I'm just asking if any of you guys find certain companies overpriced. I didn't mean to piss in the almighty HCFX bowl of Cheerios. What? People never complain here? I'm sorry, your highness, for disrupting the ebb and flow of your awesome chi.

{censored}... some of you guys are really {censored}ing uptight, man.

I think erksin and Waldo Pepper/Catalinbread are trying to start a boutique pedal builder's union. Don't ever question a price without expecting one of them to pop into your thread and argue with you.

• Members

if you haven't played one then shut the {censored} up.

they have great reviews, and they are hand made in Canada. That has a lot to do with the cost... you think they're rich? i highly doubt it.

Finland, but yeah.

Archived