so have we gotten anywhere since 1996? can any effect do this?

hangwire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have heard the Maxon was said it do it, but no one ever made a clip to show this...

Going to the Maxon site, and using a little imagination can help:

http://www.maxonfx.com/Vintage_PH350.php

They have clips, and I'm sure you can imagine dialing it in a bit differently to fine tune the effect to those Diamond Sea-ish tones. I was able to with mine. I'd make a clip, but I sold mine a year or 2 ago.

• Members

still would love an M9 clip

the yaya digitech is better than the rp50 or whatever, but still not there

the maxon... can't hear how it is almost there with tweaking at all

the bitcrusher... um thanks? doesn't seem close...

my point is.... how come unique effects that can do this have not been out there? seems like the best attempts are hidden way back in other pedals... seems that if 100 mosfets can be out, someone can find a way to get a Ludwig Phase II type thing out there

need to see about a Flanger Hoax clip... that seems like it may be fun with those knobs...

• Members

i've been trying for 10 years to get someone to clone it, apparantly it's very very hard. I just want the yoy yoy w/ a ramp up/down. can someone make it?

you think someone would have :idk: not the whole bottom pedal 4 button thing... but at least the control panel with an exp out... :wave:

• Members

i think my boss touch wah, frostwave funk a duck, and Rp 2000 can do that.

had the boss touch wah and the frostwave as well as almost any filter around and nothing can do this sorry. That's why I keep asking and most makers are like yeah I can do it then they take a look around and it does not happen. I've had 3 Ludwig phase ii's and sold them when I needed money, still regret it.

• Members

An autowah into a phaser with synced modulation, or autowah into a bitcrusher are two solid ways of copping that vowel'd modulation; a bitcrusher can bring out strong vowels when fed by an envelope filter or swept filter/wah(other mod may work as well, just havent tried myself).. the Geiger Counter is great for it, moreso that my old Bitrman, maybe because of the wavetables?

If doing the filter+phaser route, something like the moog pedals +cp251 or mp201 would be a tweakable and repeatable way of doing it, using the cp251 for the tempo synced modulation and playing with the lfo settings/lag processor/etc to sculpt the range and shape of the vowel....

...still a little bit cheaper and smaller than the original! :D

• Members

Alot of phasers with the feedback/ regeneration/ resonance set high and the depth somewhat high can get close to that. It actually sounds more like "yoiyoiyoiyoi".....

yep, my pearl phaser can do it, esp with a bit of dirt b4 it.

even i can get a bit of it with my arion flanger..

Archived