Wow -- Ebay has lost it.

Jumbo Fuzz

• Members

If this is true, Ebay is beyond worthless. The quote below is from TGP. Ebay will now force a refund, even if a buyer leaves positive feedback and states that the item is "as described."

I don't understand. Terms of the auction said no refunds and buyer left positive feedback but eBay rules in his favor?

• Members

As I said in the TGP thread, I don't understand how the buyer left the feedback that he did, and Ebay still ruled in his favor. I truly think that the Ebay rep looking at the dispute missed the part about the feedback.

I would have simply pointed to the feedback in my response instead of making additional commentary to muddy the issue.

• Members

I wonder if the buyer had any feedback ratings or purchase history. I would definitely scorch the {censored}er for future sellers to beware.

I've been pretty lucky with both sales and purchases on eBay thus far, and I'm over 200 transactions now. I'm just very selective about who I do business with.

• Members

True, no negative feedback can be left for buyers, even if they dont pay for an item, or screw you every which way from Tuesday.

At least in the old days there was always some sort of parity between buyers and sellers.

• Members

this bit

The buyer has tried contacting you

The buyer paid on Mar 02, 2010

The buyer contacted you through: "ebay messages & phone "

The buyer said you haven't responded

The buyer said you aren't working together to solve the problem

You can call the buyer at "423 432 7796" if you want to try to work this out.

is probably why they made the decision they did, was any effort made on the sellers part? If he just ignored him hoping it would go away then he made a big mistake.

I'd like to know what happened between this:

Buyer left positive feedback for me then decided he didn't like the pedal. Said he wanted his money back.

and this

He filed a claim with eBay.

What he said to the buyer though the ebay messages system could reflect massively on how ebay saw the situation.

• Members

uhhh

The buyer said the item doesn't match your description

The buyer has tried contacting you

The buyer said you haven't responded

The buyer said you aren't working together to solve the problem

I'm no fan of ebay's policies but it seems to me in this case the buyer is to blame. if he or she didn't properly fill out the form and incorrectly / lied with the above points.....

• Members
You can't leave buyers negative feedback anymore, right?

no, it's crazy, not even if they fail to pay you. :lol:

all you can do it report them to ebay and get them a strike, if they get two then you can block people with two from your auctions, but from the many threads on here people don't seem to set up the 'bidding requirements' on their auctions and leave them as 'anyone can bid' hence the 'a guy from Russia won my pedal and I only post in the US' threads.

• Members
I'm no fan of ebay's policies but it seems to me in this case the buyer is to blame. if he or she didn't properly fill out the form and incorrectly / lied with the above points.....

indeed I've all but given up selling on ebay because of many things I feel are totally unfair, but why do I feel that we are only getting half the story here?

the first response from the seller we are privy to is the one at the end to ebay customer support.... :confused:

• Members

I went through a similar situation last summer. The only reason that it was found in my favor was the guy waited too long and then falsified the date the auction ended by a month to ebay. He was also contacting me through numerous ebay accounts and email addresses. I called them and explained what happened and got it corrected. I won't use their service for big ticket items anymore.

• Members

Reading that guy's response again, I really do think he shot himself in the foot by not simply pointing to the feedback. All that other crap was unnecessary. Ebay is at fault too, but wow...just point to the feedback.

He may have if he just contacted the workers through the normal ebay channels. It took me about a week and numerous calls to get through to the proper claims resolution department that would actually listen to me as the seller. Ebay is great for buyers but dangerous for sellers now, even honest people.

• Members

I don't understand. Terms of the auction said no refunds and buyer left positive feedback but eBay rules in his favor?

Also what he doesn't understand is it's not him that sets the terms of auction, by listing on ebay you are agreeing to their terms of auction. The description box is for the description of the item you are selling, not for you to try and set your own terms on the sale outside of ebay rules, that's never going to wash with them. You can't say 'no refunds' because every buyer has the legal right to a refund when buying through ebay if they are unsatisfied with what they bought..... and when the boot is on the other foot we are all happy about that.

Archived