OT: The Political Thread of KSS.

• Members

[edit]: Hey, my title was changed! It was: "Since Syncretism's perfectly reasonable thread was deleted . . . " [back to original post]:

. . . here is it's replacement.

Now Paolo, please try to restrain yourself. There was absolutely nothing wrong with syncretism's thread. And until someone goofs up with a real zinger, please try to keep your mitts off this one. Thanks. :)

Well, so then . . . is Obama just tacking to the center or is he selling out? :):)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, according to today's Wall Street Journal, "John McCain heads south this week -- all the way to South America, where there are no votes to win but perhaps a few points to score. . . It is an effort to pad his foreign-policy credentials, appear statesmanlike and drive home a message about trade and international relations. . . Sen. McCain, President George W. Bush and others say Congress should ratify the pending free-trade agreement with Colombia, if for no other reason than to support a vital ally in the region. Colombia sits just west of Venezuela, with its anti-American president, Hugo Ch

• Members

Pah-leeease... this is the KSS forum, yes? Not the POL JAM, yes?-

This is a forum, yes?

Webster: "A public meeting place for open discussion or expression of ideas".

Oops, I forgot, to you a forum means corporate consumer culture. My bad . . .

• Members

I'm OK with having a single, KSS-specific politik thread. But just one and ONLY one.

That's cool. After all, this thread is labeled OT:Pol. And if someone posts another one while this is still up, the moderator can consolidate the two.

And I don't care what the rawk geetarists at "POL JAM" or whatever think. I post here because I care about what my fellow keyboard musicians think. ;)

• Members
Well, according to today's Wall Street Journal, "John McCain heads south this week -- all the way to South America, where there are no votes to win but perhaps a few points to score. . . It is an effort to pad his foreign-policy credentials, appear statesmanlike and drive home a message about trade and international relations. . . Sen. McCain, President George W. Bush and others say Congress should ratify the pending free-trade agreement with Colombia, if for no other reason than to support a vital ally in the region. Colombia sits just west of Venezuela, with its anti-American president, Hugo Ch

• Members

Chavez says that Colombia is like an Israel for the Us and that the Us wants Colombia on their side because they want to attack from Colombia to Venezuela.

That's sad that he's so paranoid and believes that. Of course, Bush has been so irrational, invading Iraq, that who knows what might happen before he leaves? More likely Iran than Venezuela . . .

• Members

. . . here is it's replacement.

Now Paolo, please try to restrain yourself. There was absolutely nothing wrong with syncretism's thread. And until someone goofs up with a real zinger, please try to keep your mitts off this one. Thanks.
:)

Well, so then . . . is Obama just tacking to the center or is he selling out?

An article on whether Obama is moving to the 'center'.....

http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/18052

Note that he misspells "Colombia", which would invalidate his entire message, according to some...

• Members

there is much available on the Obama phenomenon. How people have concluded that he is/was a liberal is beyond me....but some people really want to believe.

Well, from everything I've read from you, I would conclude you are a solid leftist (like pighood is a solid righty). But Obama and I are both wishy-washy liberals, and so naturally it's incredibly frustrating to lefties how Obama wanders over to the center (like I do occasionally), just like it's incredibly frustrating to righties how McCain (a moderate conservative currently pandering to his righty base to consolidate their support) wanders over to the center on immigration and other issues occasionally.

So yes, Obama's a liberal. Not a lefty, a liberal. He's "liberal" enough to entertain different points of view from time to time, just like a true conservative (not a righty). :)

Archived